News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus again

Started by gordo, September 21, 2018, 05:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I gave the first (technically the second because I troubleshot the first PCB to death) Collosalus build to a buddy of mine because it sounded so impressive when he played it.  He's a killer player and it really needed to be on his board.

I've missed it from time to time and thought I put together another one for me.  I've also been fiddling with getting the board size down on the Coda bypass to be able to fit it in a 1590A.  I mounted the electros and the relay to the bottom, snug against the stomp switch.  I also got rid of the pads and components for the momentary setting to further reduce the footprint.

The knobs are the gold sparkles from BLMS and I think they look kind of cool on the weird green enclosure.  I think this was a second from PPP.  I should really put this on a scope to get it dialed in but sounds great with a minimum of fuss.

I hadn't accounted for how close that Kobi output jack is to the trimmer but I made it fit by "extending" the holes down a tad and using slightly larger washers.  A nice quiet MXR (though I still miss the Reticon sound) and clickless bypass...what's not to love???  I'll hang on to this one.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Very tidy work and excellent fit! Super pedal!
BigNoise Amplification

Aleph Null

Looks nice! What did you use for bypass?

jjjimi84

gordo

I used the Coda (from Etcher's Paradise) but drew up a smaller layout and left off the momentary function.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?