News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Time to make the donuts!

Started by EBK, August 16, 2018, 07:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

This is so cool! I was just at Universal studios a few weeks ago and we got a "Large Lad" from the Lard Lad donut shop in the Simpsons part of the park. This totally reminds me of that. On a side note the Luigi's Italian "restaurant" had pizza by the slice. They call the meat lover's the "meat likers" and the veggie pizza the "meat haters."  :D

Anyway, extremely cool idea!

EBK

Thanks! And thanks to everyone else who posted positive comments!  :D

I seem to have forgotten to post the finished pedal pic here (even though it is not all that different from my previous pics).  I'll remedy that now.

I think I'll go get a real donut to celebrate finishing this.  It is my very first 1590A build.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

cooder

Most excellent, tasty and sweet! Enjoy the ol' donut!
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Very nice.  A good start to a newfound 1590A obsession.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBK

My younger brother asked if he could post a pic of this pedal on his Instagram.  He gave it many hashtags, including #madbeanpedals.  Of course, he added many unnecessary filters to the pic I gave him.  That is the Instagram way, apparently.  :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

MJ_Sound_Cubed

3D layout, wait 4D  because probably they smell as well :)
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

EBK

Quote from: MJ_Sound_Cubed on September 04, 2018, 08:45:30 PM
One could add some fragrant oils to an Uber Tuber build or something else that gets nice and warm.  They would heat up and release a lovely aroma when you switch the pedal on.   ;D

Incidentally, I'm working on some experiments around intentionally heating a pedal.  Unfortunately, so far, this is about as exciting as watching grass grow.
https://youtu.be/-Sk8FjrwgAs

I've got some more ideas though.   ;)

Aentons

Quote from: MJ_Sound_Cubed on September 04, 2018, 08:45:30 PM

:o I hate to be the harsher of buzzes here but...

Smell is not a dimension, it is a sense. Humans have five of them.

And also BTW... Time is the 4th dimension.

Edit: I knew I was going to get into trouble just saying 5 without some sort of modifier. I should have said 5 Basic senses... Serves me right

EBK

Quote from: Aentons on September 04, 2018, 09:14:41 PM
Humans have a lot more than five (definitions may vary, of course...).

madbean

Quote from: EBK on September 04, 2018, 09:27:10 PM

I'm sensing some interesting arguments are about to drop!

sjaustin

Great result! Fun to follow along.

Leevibe

Quote from: madbean on September 04, 2018, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: EBK on September 04, 2018, 09:27:10 PM

I'm sensing some interesting arguments are about to drop!

irony, humor, duty, pitch, rhythm

EBK

My favorite human sense is the sense of beer uprightedness (you know, when someone stumbles or falls down but manages to not spill a single drop).  It's sort of a combination of four other senses:
balance,
acceleration,
body position, and
thirst.
8)

batman2018

I perfer jack and daniels!  with an emphasis on beer!
hi, i'm batman

EBK

A bit over two years later, I was looking for something to cheer me up, so I started pulling out some of my past builds and playing through them.  This is the one that made me smile the most. 

It has some battle scars from being dropped onto a road some forgotten time between then and now (after which I had to reattach the donut decoration).  But, the donut hole still lights up, and it still sounds amazing for such a simple circuit.

:)