News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Time to make the donuts!

Started by EBK, August 16, 2018, 12:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Just to explore the realm of possibilities, and because I have a terrible track record of finishing pedals by traditional methods, here is my WIP Donut build.

In this first pic is a raw 1590A enclosure with my brand new Donut board (thanks again, Brian!) on the left, a large metal washer on the right, and the same type of washer in the middle, after it has been coated in JB Weld, primed, and painted with gold spray paint.

Here is the same "donut" washer on top of an ivory colored enclosure.  I rather like this combination (but that particular enclosure is drilled out for another project).

I think I need to put some glaze on the donut before I mount it.

What do you think?
I've also considered painting the donut washer a different color and adding "sprinkles" made from cut up bits of hookup wire.  It's not done yet, so who knows....
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

sjaustin

pickdropper

Yeah, the sprinkles idea is great.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bio77

Can you weld it to the stomp switch?

A friend of mine just showed me a "Skate Fuzz" he owns.  It has a skate board wheel for the stomp switch.  This made me think of that.

alanp

Oh, is THAT what Brian meant by a free donut?

I was highly suspicious when I saw that announcement -- it would go bad before it hit New Zealand's shores, for example...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Zigcat

Quote from: alanp on August 16, 2018, 01:49:21 PM
Oh, is THAT what Brian meant by a free donut?

I was highly suspicious when I saw that announcement -- it would go bad before it hit New Zealand's shores, for example...

I'm pretty sure Hostess donuts have an unlimited shelf life.

EBK

I remembered that I have some wirewrap wire lying around.  Looks like my "sprinkles" will be red, white, and blue (I think I'll recut these a tad shorter than on this pic though). 

I'll put these on top of some gloss white spray paint, I think.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

storyboardist

This is awesome. Excuse me while I go make a run to Krispy Kreme...
Guy behind Effects Layouts

EBK

Quote from: Bio77 on August 16, 2018, 01:43:51 PM
Can you weld it to the stomp switch?

A friend of mine just showed me a "Skate Fuzz" he owns.  It has a skate board wheel for the stomp switch.  This made me think of that.
I don't believe I can reliably attach it to a stomp switch, but that is an interesting idea (perhaps a smaller donut would work better, or maybe a donut sticker/decal on top of one of those fancy footswitch caps).  Plus, I'm aiming to get the enclosure completely done before my Mouser order arrives on Tuesday, and I'm already operating dangerously close to the limits of my skill.   ;)

Yahoo67

XD you re really going all out on this build ! I love this !!!

cooder

Looks more and more yummy...!
Do you also do a gluten free one? :o
BigNoise Amplification

EBK

Quote from: cooder on August 17, 2018, 04:32:21 PM
This one is gluten free, sugar free, fat free, and rich in minerals.  Hard on the teeth though. 

cooder

Quote from: EBK on August 17, 2018, 04:43:19 PM
Quote from: cooder on August 17, 2018, 04:32:21 PM
This one is gluten free, sugar free, fat free, and rich in minerals.  Hard on the teeth though.
One can always just use it as a lolly to lick on rather than biting it... will last longer too. ;)
BigNoise Amplification

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

That's such a cool idea. The board sounds really good to boot. With the glaze switch on it sounds way better than any lpb I remember.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?