News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3205 Genuine or Re-Labeled?

Started by mickey.bellinello, August 20, 2018, 04:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickey.bellinello

Hi to all!

I've got a simple question about two MN3205 that I bought some times ago.

I made a try with a Memory Man Clone Project and they works. I've got also two CoolAudio v3205D and two CoolAudio V3250SD and I made some tries. The MN3205 seems to be less louder (less distortion too) than the CoolAudio ones.

So, here's the question... Do You think they're real MN3205 or are they fake Re-Labeled chips?

Thanks So

madbean

If they are producing delay and at the correct time (two in series should be about 550ms) then they are definitely genuine. I guess they could be relabeled CoolAudio but given the difference you are hearing between the two sets it doesn't seem likely.

mickey.bellinello

Quote from: madbean on August 20, 2018, 04:09:03 AM
If they are producing delay and at the correct time (two in series should be about 550ms) then they are definitely genuine. I guess they could be relabeled CoolAudio but given the difference you are hearing between the two sets it doesn't seem likely.

Thanks So So Much!

Just another question: there's a way to discover a fake chips? In the last period I'm in "delay mood" and I see that a lot of delay chips and companders are very rare to find and sometimes You can find fake ones.

Thanks again
:)

lars

Hmm. Those chips look a little too "pristine" to be genuine. I'm guessing they are sanded and re-labeled newer manufacture MN3205 chips (probably Xvive). But as stated, as long as they work and the delay time is correct, it's not as big of a deal.
A genuine Matsushita MN3205 should look like the picture below. Notice the rough/raised texture of the surface, the pin1 identification circle, the imperfect alignment of the printing, the larger "D" cutout, and the slightly different 3's. It's also kind of funny that whomever chose to sand and reprint your chips must have used this picture as a reference, since it has the exact same manufacture code. The chances of Matsushita producing two chips with different surfaces and printing, but with the same manufacture code are well, not high. "No will person notice ever this..."
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

mickey.bellinello

That sounds no good.  :(

What do You think there is "inside"?
Another question, are You sure that xVive has produced 3205 chips?

I mean, they're smoother and totally different sounding from the other coolaudio that I have

Thanks

somnif

If they work in the circuit, they're 3205's. That is pretty much given.

As to whether or not they're Coolaudio, hard to say. Chip labeling does vary a bit over time, from production batch to production batch, so its entirely possible you got a very clean example of a Mitsubishi chip.