News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion - Blueshift Dimension C

Started by Bio77, August 27, 2018, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

This might be my best build yet.  The finish is hard capture in a picture.  I't a polished aluminum box with a waterslide and several coats of clear. This is the second Dimension C I've built.  It's such a pretty board when populated. 

On both builds I used Cool Audio BBDs and set them to 3.4 V with the DMM.  The effect worked great with those settings.  Double checking with the scope, it didn't need any adjustment.  In fact, on my first build I got myself into the weeds trying to improve it with the scope, ended up taking it out of the box and reseting the trimmers with the DMM.

I changed the LED to white before boxing, think it needed a more spacey vibe.

Adam_DIY

I really want to build one of those but keep forgetting about it.  Your's looks excellent the boards look great. 

cooder

Superb!
What a cool build inside out! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Just starting my second one by rounding up parts.  Those boards do look fabulous, it's a shame they have to face into the pedal and nobody gets to see the magic.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Quote from: gordo on August 27, 2018, 02:46:30 PM
Just starting my second one by rounding up parts.  Those boards do look fabulous, it's a shame they have to face into the pedal and nobody gets to see the magic.

I agree, that's why this time around I made sure to get the gut shot before I wired it up.

drog_trog

Great build. Kevin did a good job on the layout, I should make 1 at some point, it's on my ever increasing list.
i would like to hear it. any chance?

Willybomb

Great job.  I look at those and think, "Yeah, maybe I'll just buy the Behringer version."

Bio77

Quote from: drog_trog on August 28, 2018, 05:12:46 AM
Great build. Kevin did a good job on the layout, I should make 1 at some point, it's on my ever increasing list.
i would like to hear it. any chance?

I see what I can do. 

skyled

Quote from: Willybomb on August 28, 2018, 05:15:04 AM
Great job.  I look at those and think, "Yeah, maybe I'll just buy the Behringer version."

I bought the Behringer one off craigslist for $25 just a few months ago. I'm extremely pleased with it. Finding one at that price has got to be very rare though.

chorusjunkie

How did you do the decal? It looks amazing.

kaeisy

Aion electronics shares it in the project description of the blueshift.

Bio77

Quote from: chorusjunkie on September 16, 2018, 11:56:35 AM
How did you do the decal? It looks amazing.

As Kaeisy said, Aion provided the file I used.  I edited it in Illustrator to change the color.  I printed it on a waterslide decal paper and then several coats of clear.