News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Helium OD - EQD Palisades

Started by m-Kresol, August 27, 2018, 12:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Quote from: Aentons on September 03, 2018, 06:26:17 PM
I never understood why they made the stock Palisades without an independent boost. I have one of the first run 18v models and I'm always on the fence about selling it because I really like it, except for the boost thing. The other thing that really bugs me is that I wish the second gain was independently switchable as well. How does your handle the second gain switching?

I don't quite understand what you mean. You can change the gain via the footswitch at any given time, independent on boost or wether the OD is actually engaged. But that's taken 1:1 from the schematic floating around, so I guess from the stock unit
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Aentons

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to how you can't activate the OD "Gain B" with just the "Gain" footswitch and you have to use the "Engage/Gain A" switch as a master bypass.

Just saying I wish it flip-flopped instead... For instance, Step on the middle switch to activate "Gain B" and it deactivates the right "Gain A" footswitch. Step on "Gain B" switch again and the OD is bypassed.

m-Kresol

ok, I see what you mean now. What you are describing would need some microcontroller based switching, I guess. I can see how this would be beneficial, if you disengage in setting A, but want to turn it on in gain B. You would only need one click instead of 2
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Aentons

Yep, that's it. It's usually the opposite that gets me tho...  Going from GainB engaged to MasterBypass clean tone, I have to remember to click the GainB button again sometime before I want GainA turned on, otherwise it's right back to GainB.

I will say, it does help in this regard that the switches are so close together so I can step on two at once if needed