News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triumvirate bass mods with guitar

Started by Aentons, August 27, 2018, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Triumvirate bass mods with guitar? I'd like to be able to use it for both if it sounds just as good. That's alota trimpots...

Aentons

I'm just now getting around to populating this board, and looking at the build doc, The build doc is saying to use different values for the trimpots in order to do the bass mod. The build doc mod suggestion come from the vfe board download bundle. But... During the VFE diy sale Peter was handing out the following instructions with the Triumvirate board and using the standard values with the trimpots.
- Set PRE trimpot to 9:30
- Leave CUT trimpot at 12:00
- Set all other trimpots to 12:00
STANDARD GUITAR SPECS:
- PRE trimpot @ 12:00
- CUT trimpot @ 12:00
- All other trimpots @ 9:30

I also have in my notes (I think from a facebook post) that Peter said:

I'd like to build with max flexibility around the ability to use for both guitar and bass. I'm heavily leaning toward building with the standard values but I am curious if using the higher value trim pots is the better solution?

Cybercow

While I've not considered the bass mods for the Triumvirate, I have built one in "stock" fashion with no mods. I started with ALL of the trimpots centered and as have as yet to discover any need to change any of the trimmers. This thing sounds great with my Strat thru either a solid state amp or a tube amp.

And yes, them's  LOT of trimpots!
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

Aentons

Ok, so what I think is going on with the trim pots is that (maybe) the "Final Run" was built with the bass mod value (doubled) trim pots and the bass mod instruction sheet is telling you how to dial them into the regular spec (guitar) values.

I'm going to put the bass values in mine.

Edit: After another look, its seems the "final run" (may have) left the Pre trim value at 10k. This seems like it gives the best of both worlds as long as you are not confused and want to just set them all at noon

This is what I'm going with:

Pre = 10k
Cut = 10k
High = 10k,100k
Low Mid = 10k,100k
Hi Mid = 5k, 50k
Low = 10k,100k