News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

solved! Sea Urchin only has 5 repeats

Started by ian, August 27, 2018, 08:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian

i built 2 of them at the same time. both have the issue. i have built a few in the past and never had an issue. the oscillation is the best part imo. but these last two sound perfect, they just only repeat about 5 times. ive replaced the 2k with a 1k, no change. i then jumped the resistor. no change. i tried jumping the repeat pot legs to get an infinite repeats effect. that didnt work either. one effect is fully boxed one is not. they both sound and act the same way.
thanks for your help

Willybomb

I had a similar issue with a Cavedweller, on pcb, and on vero.  Then I had the same issue with a Rebote on vero too.  I dunno, I just couldn't get the bloody things to do more than a couple of repeats at decent volume.  Wouldn't get any oscillation either.  Finally built a mimik on pcb and got a working delay...  I've built a number of delays on vero and pcb before that have worked fine, so I don't know what was going on (and I couldn't fix them either)...

madbean

Let's have a picture of the top of your Sea Urchin. There may be a wrong resistor in there somewhere.

ian

That's what I'm thinking. The pc I'm using is actually from another company. http://pcb.delyk.com/modulation/56-mariana-trench-delay.html
I have built 2 of them on the etched madbean SU boards. And they kinda worked. Then I found these and I've built probably around 10. No issues until now. I'm at work right now, but I'll snap some pics in a few hours and get them posted. Thanks for the help!

jimilee

I have built several myself, 2 of the day 4 or 5 I've built haven't gone anywhere. That, for me is a notorious crap shoot no matter how good the PCB. That's no help, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ian

Got it! It was capacitor c8. I used a 22n instead of a 2n2. Works perfectly now! :)

ian

ian

Willybomb