News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NucleonFx Liquid Eternity (Arion SCH-1 Chorus)

Started by DLW, August 29, 2018, 03:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

Gut:

Art:

Followed the BOM fairly closely. Used MLCC caps in places to keep the size down. I was able to stuff this into a 125B without too much fuss- just put the board in sideways. Also, I added a switch to lift R13 and cut the dry signal to give it a "vibe" effect. I'm a dummy and didn't realize I needed to keep a resistor in R13. Depending on the switch position, this resulted in the normal vibe effect or the most aggressive distortion/volume boost that I've ever heard from a pedal. It actually sounded pretty cool. Haha!

The Arion Chorus is probably best known for its pseudo Leslie effect. I actually think the ability to add base via the tone knob is its most unique and attractive quality.  I have a vintage Arion SCH-1 and a newish SCH-Z. I haven't had enough time to tell you how the clone compares sound wise. However, I can tell you that the clone certainly has a better build quality :)

Darin

mjg

Cool, nice artwork! 

I put the R13 mod on a momentary stomp (normally closed), that worked out ok.

matmosphere

Bueatiful work. That artwork looks great on there.

What is that a spacer for the dc jack?

DLW

Quote from: mjg on August 29, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Cool, nice artwork! 

I put the R13 mod on a momentary stomp (normally closed), that worked out ok.

A momentary stomp for that mid jam vibe! Sounds awesome!

DLW

Quote from: Matmosphere on August 29, 2018, 08:56:37 PM
Bueatiful work. That artwork looks great on there.

What is that a spacer for the dc jack?

Thanks! The spacer is has two functions. 1. I use outie DC jacks, so I can can completely remove the pedal contents from the enclosure. Unfortunately, the outies protrude quite far outside of the enclosure. The spacer pulls it back in a bit. 2. The metal washer gives the pedal a little more heft. I'm sure it sounds silly, but I like it when a pedal has some weight to it. Purely aesthetic, obviously.

Rockhorst

That's a nice coincidence, the board fitting in a 125B. Wouldn't have thought of that. Looks clean and tight!

reddesert

Nice artwork and I dig the unusual pot layout that comes from turning the board sideways.

nzCdog

Day is purty!  I really love the combination of colours, that will look great on the pedal board. Congrats