News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Diy or pedal related tattoos?

Started by Betty Wont, September 01, 2018, 12:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

My fiance is a tattoo artist. She has done a bunch for me in this caricature woodblock style. Do any of you have hobby related tattoos?

Muadzin

I have one tattoo, the product of being stupid and impressionable in my youth. But I count my blessings that I at least did not get something with skulls or a tribal. Nowadays I think that tattoos are the equivalent of one's younger self giving the middle finger to one's older self. Because in life priorities change. And when you're older and wiser the last thing you want is for the mistakes of your younger self to still be around and visible for everyone to see day after day after day. Because I see so many young people today who are literally covered in tattoos and I think, wow, chances are you guys will be severely handicapped in the kind of jobs that you will get later. Or in the choice of future spouses. It's the new smoking in that regard. Which is why I think people should be protected against their own stupidity and all tattoos should be only temporary. Just fade away with time. */rant*

That being said, the drawing does look nice though. I can understand why it appeals to you. And if you really, really like it, more power to ya.

culturejam

I've been on the fence about getting a tattoo since 1996.  ;D  Just can't commit to anything for the long haul. But maybe something electronics related would be good. Fuzz Face schematic would be pretty cool. For me, it would probably have to be a Bazz Fuss, since I've built that more than anything else (and it still sounds good to me!).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Betty Wont

Quote from: Muadzin on September 01, 2018, 12:27:13 AM
I have one tattoo, the product of being stupid and impressionable in my youth. But I count my blessings that I at least did not get something with skulls or a tribal. Nowadays I think that tattoos are the equivalent of one's younger self giving the middle finger to one's older self. Because in life priorities change. And when you're older and wiser the last thing you want is for the mistakes of your younger self to still be around and visible for everyone to see day after day after day. Because I see so many young people today who are literally covered in tattoos and I think, wow, chances are you guys will be severely handicapped in the kind of jobs that you will get later. Or in the choice of future spouses. It's the new smoking in that regard. Which is why I think people should be protected against their own stupidity and all tattoos should be only temporary. Just fade away with time. */rant*

That being said, the drawing does look nice though. I can understand why it appeals to you. And if you really, really like it, more power to ya.
I hear you. And i felt like that when i was younger. But i'm pushing 50, and i have my own business, which serves a largely tattooed clientele, and i really like banging tattooed people. I only wish i had more skin.

Betty Wont

Quote from: culturejam on September 01, 2018, 09:15:20 AM
I've been on the fence about getting a tattoo since 1996.  ;D  Just can't commit to anything for the long haul. But maybe something electronics related would be good. Fuzz Face schematic would be pretty cool. For me, it would probably have to be a Bazz Fuss, since I've built that more than anything else (and it still sounds good to me!).
A schematic like that would look great. Small and simple, that the artist could follow easily.

Yahoo67

A nice drawing of all the components of a pedal : pots caps resistor 3pdt transistors, etc all falling down would be good :p or at least unique. Its all stuff we know well but the common people have no clue what they represent ^^

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Yahoo67

The big muff is the first pedal i ever got and EHX is my favorite "commercial" pedal brand but hell.... thats some commoitment oO

madbean

I've thought about a fuzz face schematic before. Tramp Stamp, of course.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on September 07, 2018, 08:55:33 AM
I think you could pull it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on September 07, 2018, 09:45:23 AM
Quote from: madbean on September 07, 2018, 08:55:33 AM
I think you could pull it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well try these out while your at it

jambforthelamb

I've had an idea rolling around in my head of having my artist draw up something that uses PCB trace lines. Probably a Phoenix as I've wanted a tattoo of one for a while, but don't want it to look stereotypical or cheesy.
-Kevin

alanp

I've thought about getting a transistor symbol, or opamp symbol, tattoo'ed. Don't know any shops, artists, and can't be bothered, in the end.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website