News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall Issues

Started by tvas22, September 02, 2018, 06:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvas22

Hi everyone,

I have built a lot of stripboard projects and some other bits, but this was my first PCB.

I have had some trouble with it - first I had the balance and feedback pots swapped and was getting runaway feedback pretty much straight of the bat. I have swapped those but I damaged the middle solder pad in both, so I have a wire running off each on the other side of the board. That seems to be OK now.

The current problem I can't seem to figure out is somewhere around the second half of the ne570 or the second half of the tl072 in IC5, the audio is getting destroyed almost like a bit crusher type effect, and becoming really quiet. The voltages are also all wrong around there too (around double what they should be). The only issue I have been able to identify is R30, which should be 11k but is only actually around 7.5k. I have attached the voltages as a picture here (everything is -dc, I just wrote down the numbers).

I was wondering if this would be the problem, or if anyone had any other suggestions about what might be causing this issue? I will go in and change R30

Thank you for the help!