News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

When you are tired...

Started by madbean, September 02, 2018, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

When I get really tired over the course of a few days I get "earworms". Sometimes it's music playing over and over or short language phrases. When I was in college I had Coltrane's version of " My Favorite Things" playing in the old bean brain for almost a month. Today I keep catching myself trying to use the word "legitimately" in every sentence.

What weird stuff do you do when you are tired? Today only on madbeanreddit.

peterc

I have tinnitus that I can tune out fairly easily, but when I am tired it comes and goes like static. Short bursts of about 2 seconds, sounds like someone is tuning a radio in my cranium.

If I get a spare hour in the afternoon, I generally use it to recharge. I can do the power nap thing, 45 mins and I feel like new.
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

jimilee

I sit and run through the current problem I am trying to work out, it may be a pedal, it may be a paper I'm writing or guitar scales. My tinnitus also tunes out any noise that's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

Usually I get some drum snippet on infinite loop like Brubeck's "Take Five" or the count off for "Desafinado." The worst part is that it will only be that short snippet over and over and over...
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

thesmokingman

I start using movie/tv quotes in conversation more ...
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

EBK

I tried to make espresso without any water in the machine yesterday -- twice!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

woolie

Weird names get stuck in my head. I feel a little weird when it happens. Like I should reboot the old noggin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Willybomb

One side of my face gets tingly...

HamSandwich

Quote from: madbean on September 02, 2018, 09:15:50 AM
When I get really tired over the course of a few days I get "earworms". Sometimes it's music playing over and over or short language phrases. When I was in college I had Coltrane's version of " My Favorite Things" playing in the old bean brain for almost a months

I had realized I do this too a couple years ago, but I think I had been doing it for longer than I can remember before I realized it. Never really tried to put a name to it or think too much about it, but it's good (or is it?) to see im not alone! Did you coin the word ear worm? The thought of a worm in my ear is horrifying, but it's pretty clever!

m-Kresol

Earworm would actually be the direct translation from the german word "Ohrwurm" which means just what you described. Some melody, song or riff stuck in your head on repeat.

For me, I start to close my left eye (my right is better) and start pulling up one eyebrow at a time in an attempt to stay focused. That has to look quite weird, I know  ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

MJ_Sound_Cubed

When Im tired to fight the wormy POP, it gets in to my hear. The worm nests in the brain and change the future. My most recent earworm was from Muse.
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

timbo_93631

My eyes quit working properly.  It is not nice.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

chromesphere

Migraines.  Debilitating pain to the point i can have trouble walking. 

I know a migraine is coming because when i go to bed and the lights are out i hear voices etc.  Scares the !@#$ out of me sometimes...

Also nightmares...really vivid and sometimes horrific imagery.

I've found recently i have to pretty much force myself to go to bed early (for some reason i dont get symptoms of tiredness so i never know).  Also powdered magnesium seems to be helping the situation as well.

That's only part of the fun living with migraines, i could fill a page with some of the crap i've had to live with the last 15 years and the lengths i have gone to to stop them :( 

Anyway, there are worse things in life so i will take this card im dealt. And things haven't been too bad lately with the recent changes ive made so im pretty happy with them at the moment.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

HamSandwich

Quote from: chromesphere on September 03, 2018, 06:53:03 PM
Migraines.  Debilitating pain to the point i can have trouble walking. 

I know a migraine is coming because when i go to bed and the lights are out i hear voices etc.  Scares the !@#$ out of me sometimes...

Also nightmares...really vivid and sometimes horrific imagery.

I've found recently i have to pretty much force myself to go to bed early (for some reason i dont get symptoms of tiredness so i never know).  Also powdered magnesium seems to be helping the situation as well.

That's only part of the fun living with migraines, i could fill a page with some of the crap i've had to live with the last 15 years and the lengths i have gone to to stop them :( 

Anyway, there are worse things in life so i will take this card im dealt. And things haven't been too bad lately with the recent changes ive made so im pretty happy with them at the moment.

I'm sorry you have to go through all that. If you're finding magnesium helpful, you may find some relief in CBD oil if you haven't tried it yet.

chromesphere

Ill look into it, thanks Ham :) 

i have no aversion or stigma to taking something like this if it helped.

If i find the headaches revert back to how they were a couple of months ago (and i'm just in a 'good phase' and that the changes arent actually making any difference) ill give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube