News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Busy Summer Build Bonanza

Started by diablochris6, September 02, 2018, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I haven't been on the forum a ton this summer, but I have built quite a few things. Without further ado...

I built three pedals for my uncle: a Vomit Comet, Postfontaine Distortion, and a stutter switch.

I also took a stab at VFE effects: The White Horse Compressor and Merman from Madbean

I also got my hands on a VFE Bumblebee board. Included is the chemical structure of the main ingredient of bee venom.

I also boxed up a couple of prototypes: the Mixtape Distortion evokes  the pre-amplification, frequency emphasis, saturation, frequency de-emphasis, and tone controls of a tape deck. It can sound sweet or trashy. The Cibola is my take on the Vox Conqueror fuzz heard on Beatles recordings. I allowed for the use of an inductor or small transformer to get the notched EQ sound. I fit it in a 1590B, but it would be better in a 125B since the transformer is a little too tall to fully close the lid.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

matmosphere

Beautiful work all around. Especially that post Fontaine, the lettering on it looks great.

Tapeoscity!

lars

You have been busy! Nice work, all. I'm very interested in the Mixtape and Cibola projects. Those are just the type of pedals that would get a lot of use on my board.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jimilee

Those look great. I've done several myself, but zero artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Man you've been busy.  I have to confess I have the Postfontaine, Vomit Comet and Sagan 2 pretty much populated but can't seem to push through to complete them.  The White Horse looks really good.  But no new board designs in a while and I can see why now. LOL.

Martan

Looks great, Chris. Interested in the fuzz and tape deck

Marty

diablochris6

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 02, 2018, 06:05:03 PM
Beautiful work all around. Especially that post Fontaine, the lettering on it looks great.
I believe it's a Bauhaus font that I layered and played with it a bit in Inkscape.

Thanks for the kind words. I have extra boards and will get rid of them shortly. I need to make a build guide first but have spent most of my time playing and thinking of new ideas.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

m-Kresol

Great work all around and you put a lot of effort into those.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

MJ_Sound_Cubed

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

batman2018

jesus christ!   i really sux at this hobby!
hi, i'm batman

selfdestroyer

Damn Chris! You have been busy. That Vomit Comet looks like such a cool project. I actually totally forgot you were working on that beast.

cooder

Well you have been a busy beaver of excellence and cool builds!
Some cool graphics there too. Very impressive!
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

midwayfair

Bio77

Awesome builds.  I'm curious, what Bee-related peptide do you have on your Bumblebee enclosure?