News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sept Release schedule

Started by madbean, September 03, 2018, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

This build would have been a lot easier with 24AWG but I mostly only have 22. You guys will have a much easier time since you'll have the breakout boards. For the artwork, I was going to etch the box, but after applying the PnP I realized I forgot to reverse black and white. So, I decided to just clear coat it for a pseudo silkscreen. My coat ran a little but that's fine...it's just a prototype.

Anyway, I am ready to do demos of the Dreamtime, Headtrip and UberTuber but we've had construction going on inside the house for the last ten days. Lots of hammering and noise. I'll get to them as soon as I have the house to myself (which hasn't been for 10 days, haha).

tone seeker

Ohh.. That nice smd goodness!!
Never really done any, but that makes one
Heck of a package, in a small box!
Gonna have to give it a try though

zgrav

Do the FV-1 chipped pedals use a similar layout with the difference in the programming for the eprom?  Or have you also designed different audio processing in the circuits as well?  I ask because I saw that some other builds seem to rely on a standard pedal layout and just switch out the programming chips.

madbean

Quote from: zgrav on September 05, 2018, 12:11:47 PM
Do the FV-1 chipped pedals use a similar layout with the difference in the programming for the eprom?  Or have you also designed different audio processing in the circuits as well?  I ask because I saw that some other builds seem to rely on a standard pedal layout and just switch out the programming chips.

Similar in the sense that they have inputs and outputs for the FV-1, but there are different design parameters you can use for how you handle the audio through. So, some might have a blend pot for wet/dry mix and some separate controls for each. I'm designing a set of boards for different enclosure sizes from 1590A up to 12590BB full stereo and they will all be slightly different.

The EEPROMs can be switched out at will if you want to try a different one. But, they may not all be interchanglable. For instance, the PedalPCB Organ Donor wouldn't work in the Dreamtime because it uses an external feedback pot and the Dreamtime doesn't. But, some of my other designs would allow it since they will have a feedback pot.

My goal is to deliver some ready to go effects with each project but basically any of them besides the Dreamtime are very suitable for programming your own effects...IOW, open platform.

zgrav

Thanks for that reply.  Looking forward to the release. 

matmosphere

I just crammed two pots and a switch into a 1590a, I have no idea how you guys get so much in there.

madbean

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 05, 2018, 04:56:37 PM
I just crammed two pots and a switch into a 1590a, I have no idea how you guys get so much in there.

Persistence of will.

alanp

A big hammer.

If the circuit works afterwards, we post a picture :)

If it doesn't, we quietly hide the evidence and ready more sacrifices for the big hammer. ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Dang... They sound like cool projects

madbean

I changed my mind about the Sept. giveaway. The buffer bypass board is a good idea but not necessarily something to get excited about. Let's do something else.

jimilee

How about an awesome phaser? Those make great give aways!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pietro_moog

How about something like a tape delay with the fV-1?

zgrav

Sounds like you might already have something else in mind.....

Invertiguy

I can feel my eyes burning already...
Doomsday Devices

madbean

Quote from: Invertiguy on September 11, 2018, 06:09:07 PM
I can feel my eyes burning already...

My graphic is probably in poor taste but it gets the point across...