News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MBP 1590G Builds, PIC HEAVY. Stank, Mimik, Moar and 4:1

Started by jjjimi84, September 04, 2018, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is some better pictures for the MBP 1590G pedals I put a demo up for in the demo section. I like them a lot and hope you all dig them too. I kept everything stock (as usual) and do not see a reason to change them. The finishes were done using acrylic paint and a shakey coffee fueled hand.

The 4:1 is a product of my son picking the enclosure color and wanting his favorite animal on there.

The mimik was the start of me drawing my favorite characters from Super mario from the SNES. More of those to follow......

The moar was painted while watching Thor, yes besides guitar playing I totally nerd out on retro video games and comics.

And finally the stank, a heavy metal, hard riffin' mothafrogger. It had to be a skull, and when it is on it looks crazy. Kinda like a crazy pirate thing

gordo

Nicely done, those look pretty cool and as always I enjoy your hand painted stuff.  4:1 is still my go-to compressor.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Man, those are fantastic looking. It looks as if several of us are shifting towards the custom paints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Thank you, the 4:1 is realy great. Having clean blend is a must on any compressor. Its funny you say that about painting because i look at people who can etch and design and print stuff and i am envious but i dont own a printer and etching seems like a lot of work.

ahiddentableau

jimi, please keep up the photos of your builds/paintings.  It's becoming a highlight of my week--like the MBP version of Kevin Drum's Friday cat photo.

Bonus marks if you do one with a cat!

jjjimi84

Thank you, I have a ton of pedals and another 60 parted out ready to build. My plan is to upload the photos of the builds with the demos and get the demos out every other week.

Funny you mention cats, most of my ideas come from the suggestions of my 5 year old, he loves simons cat crunch. So it is going on the pedalpcb module 8.

MJ_Sound_Cubed

the one with the skull should have 2 red LEDs, One for each eye. :)
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

nzCdog

Wow these are great! Login that hand painted vibe 😎

selfdestroyer

Love the hand paintings. They have a certain charm to them that is undeniably awesome. Great job!

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects