News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

An apology

Started by madbean, September 10, 2018, 03:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Last night, having been in my cups for the evening, I saw several PedalPCB build reports in row. I put in a small search and replace script re-labeling PedalPCB.com as "ProfessorPoopyPedalPanorama" which I thought (in my state of sauciness) was quite hilarious. But, it might have been taken the wrong way. My apologies to anyone put off by dumb joke: it was meant to be playful and nothing else (count me as a fan of pedalpcb). Just to be clear: all pedal DIY is welcome here in the forum. I'll try to keep myself a little more restrained in the future :)

EBK

With the many many actual absurd company names that I've seen desensitizing me, the joke glided past my eyes unnoticed, which makes it quite hilarious to me now.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Someone's been reading his Dav Pilkey.

I was sober, and I assure you the joke was indeed funny. And those builds all looked fantastic BTW. I love hand painted stuff and MARIO Bros.

jjjimi84

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought i was losing my mind, I truly believed that my account was jacked up and was regretting using password for my password.

All i could think about last night at work, as I was working on the sketch of my dirtbaby, is the episode of the office were jim is telling his pranks on dwight and how he used a macro on his computer so every time he typed dwight is said diapers.

I loved it and promptly modified all of the headers back.

BTW I am forever going to post under professorpoopypedalpanorama

BuGG

gordo

That's funny.  I missed the joke altogether and just thought it was a bit of creative naming.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

Quote from: jjjimi84 on September 10, 2018, 06:11:16 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought i was losing my mind, I truly believed that my account was jacked up and was regretting using password for my password.

I sure hope you changed your password now.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

madbean

madbean

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 10, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
Someone's been reading his Dav Pilkey.

My Counter-Strike handle was Capt. Underpants many many years ago. When I worked at Bookpeople we constantly had to stock that stuff.

m-Kresol

I actually saw that and was wondering what kind of new pcb company/site thought of that hilarious name :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Quote from: m-Kresol on September 10, 2018, 09:21:02 AM
I actually saw that and was wondering what kind of new pcb company/site thought of that hilarious name :D

Well I guess I know how to brand my upcoming set of JHS clones now.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on September 10, 2018, 09:27:05 AM
Quote from: m-Kresol on September 10, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

Well I guess I know how to brand my upcoming set of JHS clones now.
BwahahahA you'd be cloning your own pedals.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brucer

Well, that explains why I couldn't find the pcb website when I googled "ProfessorPoopyPedalPanorama" ...  :o

cooder

Shame that there's not a hyped up thread on TGP about the new insider hot as pedal company with that long poopy name.
Or a reverb Andy video with the latest twist on a bitcrushing envelope poop squeeze in a 125B.
I bet the order would flock in.

But so far you only get a 404.
It has potential.

Quote from: brucer on September 10, 2018, 11:58:33 AM
Well, that explains why I couldn't find the pcb website when I googled "ProfessorPoopyPedalPanorama" ...  :o

Yep, me too... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

madbean