Author Topic: Uber Tuber drill template label positioning  (Read 247 times)

EBK

• Electron Doctor
  • Eric K.
    • View Profile
Uber Tuber drill template label positioning
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:16:03 PM »
I'm working on graphics for my Uber Tuber build.  I always use Inkscape and the Effect Pedal Builder's Vector Pack for this sort of thing, overlaying everything onto the drill template in several layers, but I've hit a weird problem with this one, and I'm looking for a quick sanity check.  Here's where I'm at:

The knobs and corresponding labels seem positioned correctly, but that Boost toggle label is not right....

I've measured a real sub-mini toggle switch and shrunk my switch graphic a bit to match, but it is almost completely covering that control label. 

Is the text on the drill template purely informational and not correlated with control label positioning, or have I missed something or done something wrong?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:04:01 PM by EBK »
Not affiliated with Oatey, makers of the world's best and most delicious* low tar solder paste. Ask for Oatey -- It's the juiciest!

*Solder paste is not food.  If ingested, seek medical help promptly.

madbean

• Administrator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Brian
    • View Profile
    • madbeanpedals
Re: Uber Tuber drill template label positioning
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 03:46:02 AM »
It's not meant to be artwork, simply for reference. You'll definitely need to move the Boost label  ;)
I own madbeanpedals (duh). I am part owner of Function F(X).

EBK

• Electron Doctor
  • Eric K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 04:17:17 AM »
It's not meant to be artwork, simply for reference. You'll definitely need to move the Boost label  ;)
Excellent.  Thanks!
Not affiliated with Oatey, makers of the world's best and most delicious* low tar solder paste. Ask for Oatey -- It's the juiciest!

*Solder paste is not food.  If ingested, seek medical help promptly.

gordo

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • Project Website
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »
You'll find, too, that the switch body sits right up by the chassis wall so get the drill template aligned nicely on the chassis.  It works out great because the switch can't rotate.