News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New home page

Started by madbean, September 17, 2018, 06:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Quote from: EBK on September 17, 2018, 10:54:08 AM
Could you enhance the page for a real browser?

Is that OS/2 Warp? I bought that boxed at a Goodwill store for like $10 back in late 90s and installed it on a machine just for giggles.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

EBK

Quote from: culturejam on September 17, 2018, 11:02:22 AM
Is that OS/2 Warp?
No idea.  It was the first "Enhanced for Netscape" image I could find.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

peterc

I dig it, keep it coming........ ;)
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

EBK

A blue underlined link to "contact webmaster" could be handy for people having difficulty with the new page.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

Quote from: EBK on September 17, 2018, 11:20:24 AM
A blue underlined link to "contact webmaster" could be handy for people having difficulty with the new page.

That's a really good point. Some may not be familiar with this type of website which uses images instead of text to hyperlink to other hyperglobalmegacorp pages. I've added an option to contact me if they have issues.

timbo_93631

Quote from: madbean on September 17, 2018, 11:40:44 AM
Quote from: EBK on September 17, 2018, 11:20:24 AM

That's a really good point. Some may not be familiar with this type of website which uses images instead of text to hyperlink to other hyperglobalmegacorp pages. I've added an option to contact me if they have issues.

You are going to have to get a dot matrix printer for your invoices now. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

somnif

Needs more autoplaying Midi's

(flashes back to my 2002 web design class)

....so many midi files

jimilee

That's a riot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

time to break out my wfw 3.11 and see how this bad boy looks in Mosaic
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

somnif

Gotta dig out this old chestnut to get that classic MBP feeling back

EBK

Really large graphics should be loaded as multiple tiles.  Of course, the fact that at least one random tile seems to fail to load most of the time shouldn't matter.  Most users will happily keep hitting refresh until it loads the right way.  That's what "Loading image... Please wait.." text is for, right?

madbean

Quote from: somnif on September 17, 2018, 02:38:19 PM
Needs more autoplaying Midi's

(flashes back to my 2002 web design class)

....so many midi files

Good GOB, I can't believe I forgot autoplay audio. Well, that situation has been remedied. I've made the final tweaks to my opus.

timbo_93631

perfection.  13 months  ;D  I think you do need to have a hidden link though.  If you slowly mouse over the whole screen you'll find it.  "Teh rabbidts hole" if you will.  I want to fall down it.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

That must mean that my webpage is either 90s style, or 80s style :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

oip

i feel that some sort of actual crime has been committed here