News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE White Horse may be working?

Started by jduma, September 18, 2018, 08:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jduma

Weird issue, I have no experience or need for compressors and I have only ever used them with bass guitar. So when I hooked up the White Horse at 9v and I felt like there is no noticeable difference compared to previous compressors. I am not sure if I have built it right or if it is functioning as expected. I checked the voltages compared to the build document and they are comparable they were initially lower but that was due to the led trimmer so I turned it down. I tried watching videos of the pedal but they also seem to be really subtle is this to be expected? Thanks!   

Aentons

Have you tried it with the blend knob all the way down?

jduma

Yeah I have, I think I notice a difference but I am not sure it is so subtle it may just be picking differences. I pretty much only have high gain amps so I tired it on the cleanest channel possible and I felt like I couldn't tell a huge difference.

Aentons

What color and type (diffused,clear) led did you use?

jduma

jduma

So eventually figured out the issue the led on the switching board was turned up too high resulting in the compressor not turning on gradually. I also noticed that the switching board led trimmer controls the effect level not sure if this is normal.

Boba7

Not normal at all, and actually very strange. Did you roll your own vactrol or did you use the recommended nsl32sr3?
Pics and voltages?

jduma

Nope bought everything to spec and all the voltages are similar to the build specs. I feel like maybe it isn't working and I was over zealous? I dunno I feel like I hear compression come in and out while adjusting things. When I get a chance to head to the bench I will take pictures.