News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DEFX Fuzzimile (spaceman gemini iii)

Started by Betty Wont, September 18, 2018, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

No chrome, custom hardware, or military spec wiring. But I like it just the same. Very nice project and documentation by Dead End Fx. The Ge side plays like a Harmonic Percolator/Face, and the Si side reminds me of the Sam Ash Fuzzz or Roland Bee Baa depending on the tone setting. Mixed together is like a one-man-stoner-band. This has inspired me to experiment with running some of my favorite fuzzes in parallel.

mjg

That's cool.  I like me some Bee Baa, I'll have to check this one out.

PMowdes2

Quote from: Torgoslayer on September 18, 2018, 08:49:07 AM
No chrome, custom hardware, or military spec wiring. But I like it just the same. Very nice project and documentation by Dead End Fx. The Ge side plays like a Harmonic Percolator/Face, and the Si side reminds me of the Sam Ash Fuzzz or Roland Bee Baa depending on the tone setting. Mixed together is like a one-man-stoner-band. This has inspired me to experiment with running some of my favorite fuzzes in parallel.

Nice build, I hope you enjoy it.  The laika fuzz is awesome as well, much more gnarly than the Gemini, a bit more like a fuzz factory.
DeadEndFX

Betty Wont

Quote from: PMowdes2 on September 19, 2018, 03:27:28 AM
Quote from: Torgoslayer on September 18, 2018, 08:49:07 AM

Nice build, I hope you enjoy it.  The laika fuzz is awesome as well, much more gnarly than the Gemini, a bit more like a fuzz factory.
I just realized i mislabeled the tone reverse switch. Fixed that, and played with the bias a bit, but landed near stock. The LOWS the germanium side puts out are insane. Very much a bass fuzz. I just ordered the Laika and went to my local surplus store for all the oddball parts. Got 'em all! 24nf cap, check. 5n cap, check. 4.7uf non polar cap, check. 475k and 499k 1/4 watt metal film resistors, check. Can't wait!