News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Band Inspired Builds - Celeste Chorus and Univox Superfuzz

Started by Bio77, September 19, 2018, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

A couple of band inspired builds: 

The first is a Lectric-FX Celeste Chorus (EHX Clone Theory).  Peter Hook used this circuit in Joy Division.   

The second is a Fuzz Dog clone of a Univox Superfuzz used by Poison Ivy of the Cramps. 

m-Kresol

great build! I guess, they are laser-etched? Did you fill in the etch with black ink for the fuzz?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Bret608

I love these! I started to get off on a band- or song-inspired build tangent last year but haven't picked it back up since. It was a Television "Marquee Moon" theme, but executed way less well than what you've accomplished here. Cramps for the win!

Bio77

Quote from: m-Kresol on September 19, 2018, 11:45:56 AM
great build! I guess, they are laser-etched? Did you fill in the etch with black ink for the fuzz?

Thanks for the kind words. 

They are  both waterslide decals under clear coat.  The JD chorus is black printed on white waterslide paper.  I've done this once before, I used a satin finish for the clear coat and you can't see any difference between the top of the enclosure (with the label) and the powder coated sides.

trailer

Bio77

Quote from: Bret608 on September 19, 2018, 12:29:47 PM
I love these! I started to get off on a band- or song-inspired build tangent last year but haven't picked it back up since. It was a Television "Marquee Moon" theme, but executed way less well than what you've accomplished here. Cramps for the win!

I just checked out your build, very cool.  Thanks for reminding me about this album.  Also, just added the 885 to my build list.