News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Toggle flat washer source

Started by gtr2, September 20, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Does anyone have a source for 1/4 shaft toggle flat washers?
I got a huge batch of DPDT from love my switches and they have the locking washers.
I usually order from smallbear and they have the flat washers already.
I don't want to pay 0.10-0.12 a washer, but I cannot find the correct washer at any of the online hardware places like McMaster -carr etc.  I can't really just cut the tab off as it's for production work and the other SPST toggle has a flat washer already.
Thanks!
Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Betty Wont

Quote from: gtr2 on September 20, 2018, 11:52:42 AM
Does anyone have a source for 1/4 shaft toggle flat washers?
I got a huge batch of DPDT from love my switches and they have the locking washers.
I usually order from smallbear and they have the flat washers already.
I don't want to pay 0.10-0.12 a washer, but I cannot find the correct washer at any of the online hardware places like McMaster -carr etc.  I can't really just cut the tab off as it's for production work and the other SPST toggle has a flat washer already.
Thanks!
Josh
Instead of trying to match the small bear non tabbed washer, i just replace all the switch washers with matching generic cheapies from menards/home depot. They have tons with the correct inside diameter and all kinds of thickness and finishes at 2-3c each. I've seen lots of commercial and diy builds that omit the external switch hardware alltogether, and that can look pretty sharp too.

pickdropper

You can check out Boker's, but the MOQ might be a bit high.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

Thanks guys.  I'm not really trying to match.  I would replace all with the right washer.
I can't omit the hardware in this case.  As much as I'd love to ;)

I guess I will check out the local stores.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

Quote from: gtr2 on September 20, 2018, 04:25:26 PM
Thanks guys.  I'm not really trying to match.  I would replace all with the right washer.
I can't omit the hardware in this case.  As much as I'd love to ;)

I guess I will check out the local stores.

If you get a reasonable price from Boker's, I might be willing to go in on a quantity buy.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

Do you have a link?
My quick search came up with a knife supplier...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sjaustin

The only place I've ever gotten them is... Love My Switches. Unless you're talking a really huge batch, they're in the $.10/piece range you're trying to avoid.

gtr2

I did find the site, it needs the 's added.

It may be more than I want.  I'd probably be in for 1000 max.  I'm not sure if that's enough like you said though.

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

thesmokingman

fastenal or a traditional hardware store
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX