News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uber Tuber drill template label positioning

Started by EBK, September 23, 2018, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

I'm working on graphics for my Uber Tuber build.  I always use Inkscape and the Effect Pedal Builder's Vector Pack for this sort of thing, overlaying everything onto the drill template in several layers, but I've hit a weird problem with this one, and I'm looking for a quick sanity check.  Here's where I'm at:

The knobs and corresponding labels seem positioned correctly, but that Boost toggle label is not right....

I've measured a real sub-mini toggle switch and shrunk my switch graphic a bit to match, but it is almost completely covering that control label. 

Is the text on the drill template purely informational and not correlated with control label positioning, or have I missed something or done something wrong?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

It's not meant to be artwork, simply for reference. You'll definitely need to move the Boost label  ;)

EBK

Quote from: madbean on September 24, 2018, 02:46:02 AM
It's not meant to be artwork, simply for reference. You'll definitely need to move the Boost label  ;)
Excellent.  Thanks!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

gordo

You'll find, too, that the switch body sits right up by the chassis wall so get the drill template aligned nicely on the chassis.  It works out great because the switch can't rotate.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?