News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uber Tuber Issue

Started by chongmagic, September 22, 2018, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasha

Insert the tube pins in the main board. Heaters only, just to test if it lights up.
Test if the heaters pins have a lower resistance between them offboard.

madbean

Quote from: chongmagic on September 26, 2018, 05:11:55 PM
I got a new tube today but I am a little hesitant to try and desolder the daughter card and then waste a new tube. Any suggestions?

Sent from the unknown

I can send you a new daughter board. I should maybe start including two with the project. Also see my suggestions here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28539.0

chongmagic

If you tell me how much I can just buy a new daughter board from you, I don't mind.

I did buy a second kit just in case and received it yesterday.

chongmagic

I carefully unsoldered the tube from the daughter card and replaced it with a Raytheon 6111 tube. I didn't solder in the new tube but bent the leads to connect with the card. I tested again and saw that the element in the tube was lighting up. I am going to check the voltages later today to see if they are on point. I did notice that the 39R heated up as well. So hopefully the new tube has solved the issue.

Putting in a new tube with the daughter card already soldered in is not an easy task, but following the build docs and trimming the leads makes all the difference.

chongmagic

With the new tube I am getting the following readings:

TP1 ----- 13.55v
TP2 ----- 11.28v
TP3 ----- 11.52v
TP4 ----- 6.58v

VC. ------ 18.08v

I am not sure why TP1 is so high but I will have to plug it in and see if it actually works now.

Sent from the unknown

chongmagic

My first try with a water slide.

Sent from the unknown

chongmagic

It works and sounds good.

Sent from the unknown

madbean

Looks really good!

TP1 is okay at 13+v. I would worry a bit at 14v and over but I think that's fine. You could always drop it down a bit further by increasing the plate resistor to 115k or 120k.
Your heater is slightly high. Might be your PS is a little bit above 18v w/no load. As long as the heater is working and it sounds good, then GTG.