News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oct. Releases (instead of Sept)

Started by madbean, September 28, 2018, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zgrav

I'm looking forward to reading the documentation for the FV-1 pedals.  The designs on the Wavelord and Headtrip almost look copper plated.  Very impressive.

EBK

Quote from: zgrav on October 12, 2018, 01:13:26 PM
The designs on the Wavelord and Headtrip almost look copper plated.
That's because they are.   ;)
Brian etched black copper-clad PCBs for those faceplates.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

zgrav

that is part mystifying, and part over-the-top-crazy-good.  : ^ )

jduma

Where did you get these black copper boards I found some on Ebay. I would love to try this.

madbean

Quote from: jduma on October 12, 2018, 04:56:27 PM
Where did you get these black copper boards I found some on Ebay. I would love to try this.

abcfab is the seller on eBay.

jduma

Perfect ordered some! Did you sand the backs to get them to sit flat?

Martan

madbean

Dreamtime doc is up. Hopefully I'll have one more doc up today and the rest tomorrow.

Bio77

Super cool!

The build docs are very nice and the SMD practice pads were a great idea.  I'm looking forward to ordering some of these, when they're available.

madbean

So, on the Headtrip I've decided to include the SpinCAD file used to make the patches for the project. I'm really hoping people will take advantage of that to start exploring SpinCAD to program their own stuff. It's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. That doc should be up tomorrow. I still plan on doing an introductory tutorial to SpinCAD before the end of the year. Things is pretty crazy ATM, though.

Ralfg

Quote from: madbean on October 15, 2018, 05:19:50 PM
So, on the Headtrip I've decided to include the SpinCAD file used to make the patches for the project. I'm really hoping people will take advantage of that to start exploring SpinCAD to program their own stuff. It's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. That doc should be up tomorrow. I still plan on doing an introductory tutorial to SpinCAD before the end of the year. Things is pretty crazy ATM, though.

That is awesome! I'm really glad you are doing that. I've been wanting to get into SpinCAD and fv-1 programming, but haven't had the time to learn.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

zgrav

Nice job on the Dreamtime docs!  I'm looking forward to practicing the SMD soldering.  And a super compact design using the separate board for the pots. 

bsoncini

Quote from: madbean on October 15, 2018, 05:19:50 PM

That is a great idea.  I was motivated to learn spincad and spent a few hours on it and just gave up

madbean