News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stealthy Mesmerizer machine

Started by cooder, October 02, 2018, 08:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Here's a pedalpcb.com Mesmerizer that I stuck into a wah shell. The wah pot controls the depth of effect, the two extra knobbies on side are speed and volume.

Since the pedalpcb mesmerizer had a fault in charge pump section of pcb I plugged in an external chargepump board similar to MBP roadrage idea. Works just fine. Also added a klon buffer on output as I found that helps to make it compatible with all sorts of other pedals in behind. I had on another mesmerizer build found that I had a funny interaction/volume drop with some pedals after this. The buffer solved that for me.

The donor shell was from a defunkt IK multimedia Stealth pedal, hence the label on treadle. Nicely built shell and works just fine, only I had to make new side panels as the original ones had too many holes for what I was planning. I could have left that, but i did prefer the exercise to make new side parts out of aluminum brackets. A bit fiddly but worth it.

Bypass is courtesy of Finish Line 1776 effects relay bypass, made an acrylic LED bar to sit on front which I quite like.
Very nice pedal with UniVibe/tremolo/phaser flavours.
I added an extra 1/4 stereo jack that can be utilized as expression pedal which disconnects the treadle pot from circuit board when stereo jack is inserted. In that case I can't use the inbuilt circuit, just the expression function obviously. But good to have both options.
Dig it.
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

That's a really cool idea with the extra jack to make it an expression pedal when needed. 

Boba7

Very very cool, and well thought out. Definitely a lot of work and love went into that machine! :)
Great job!

jjjimi84

Very nice, i love the acrylic bar for indication. Great idea

jubal81

Cmoplete with metal work. Epic project, bud.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bio77

pickdropper

That's fantastic.  The bent metal pieces are indeed very well executed.  I dig the acrylic led plate as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

diablochris6

Extremely well thought out. It's a beauty!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

cooder

BigNoise Amplification