News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The "we had a baby recently" thread

Started by jkokura, October 09, 2011, 04:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

There have been some "9 month projects" around here, so I thought I'd let you guys know...

I'm not getting enough sleep or build time. Anyone else needing some support or ideas? The second one is going really well for us, but I remember how tough it was with out first.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sprayfe

I'm with you brother.  I have a one year old now and it's crazy beautiful/sleep depriving. I lead worship for a living, somehow got wrangled into a youth group job, play at a restaurant during the day, and go to school.  For some reason though, building really takes the edge off. Writing songs is doable, but not nearly as fun or productive when I have to be so quiet, so for probably the next little while- building it is.  I've been an insomniac for quite sometime, but this is a whole new level.

What has really helped me though is really dedicating myself to working out. I swear it gives me way more energy. 

you can check out my blog if you're into the whole working out thing

rafegrigar.com/blog

Yay dads!

jkokura

Quote from: sprayfe on October 09, 2011, 08:31:41 PM
I'm with you brother.  I have a one year old now and it's crazy beautiful/sleep depriving. I lead worship for a living, somehow got wrangled into a youth group job, play at a restaurant during the day, and go to school.  For some reason though, building really takes the edge off. Writing songs is doable, but not nearly as fun or productive when I have to be so quiet, so for probably the next little while- building it is.  I've been an insomniac for quite sometime, but this is a whole new level.

What has really helped me though is really dedicating myself to working out. I swear it gives me way more energy.

That's cool Rayfe. I'm glad you've found the dedication to working out to be helpful. I really have been made more concious of my health this summer, and how bad it is that it slipped so far from when I was in College!

I'd love to talk with you more about the life you're leading sometime - feel free to PM or email me sometime!

Having 2 kids is a whole other life I tell you. Our daughter is entering the terrible twos - just this week she's taken to holding food in her mouth instead of swallowing it... bizarre and frustrating for us. Our son is a mile better than she was in her early weeks too, and she's largely been a very, very good kid for us since she was born so it bodes either really well for us because he'll continue to be great, or he'll be terrible...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

Yeah, my wife and I have never been more tired :)

Our little dude just turned one month old on Oct. 6. We think we are lucky, in that he pretty much sleeps in 3 hour chunks at night.

The hardest part so far is that I travel for work, and left for the first time since he's been born on the day he turned one month. Worst part is that my first time back out on the road is for 14days overseas, and between the time difference and my work schedule, it's hard to find time to Skype with them. I'm currently sitting in Amsterdam, and then from here it's straight off to Budapest.

Luckily I'll have a couple weeks home before I go out again, but leaving was really hard. SO, if anyone else has kids and travel for a living, I'd love some tips on what (if anything) makes it easier. :)

Here's the little monkey on his one month birthday...