News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

OSH - Slow Gear

Started by Bio77, October 02, 2018, 02:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I was hoping for a violin type effect (hence the graphic) from this pedal.  Not sure it really gets me there.  Plan to build the Rustbucket next. In fact, people on this board suggested building the Rustbucket, but I couldn't resist tying this one first because the parts count was so low.

I've got an extra PCB, I'll put up on the PIF if anyone is interested. 

cooder

Very nice build and great graphics!
Yeah I also built a slow gear clone from an oshpark project someone kindly shared years ago and was a bit underwhelmed... seems not as good a circuit as the Rustbucket promises (haven't built that one yet...) and others suggested that the slow gear can be a hit and miss circuit with mixed performance somewhat.
BigNoise Amplification

diablochris6

Even if the circuit wasn't what you were looking for, you can't deny that you built it up with style!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on October 02, 2018, 02:43:30 PM
Very nice build and great graphics!
Yeah I also built a slow gear clone from an oshpark project someone kindly shared years ago and was a bit underwhelmed... seems not as good a circuit as the Rustbucket promises (haven't built that one yet...) and others suggested that the slow gear can be a hit and miss circuit with mixed performance somewhat.
There are a few YouTube videos, and even then the application is very specific. It doesn't have a large application at all. I've built several myself. I built the rust bucket and then fried it using wrong polarity power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

If you're after a Shadows - Cavatina sound, Hank Marvin uses a volume pedal to slow the attack down on each note.

Very nicely executed build! :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on October 02, 2018, 06:55:02 PM
If you're after a Shadows - Cavatina sound, Hank Marvin uses a volume pedal to slow the attack down on each note.

Very nicely executed build! :)
Yes, but that's not nearly as fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Thanks guys, appreciate it!