News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard rebuild Time!

Started by jkokura, October 04, 2018, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

The wiring looks great, Jacob.  I can appreciate how much time that must have taken.  I've required a couple of pedalboards and I find it very tedious.

I've been meaning to order the Squareplugs for a while.  Maybe this will push me to finally do it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

Quote from: pickdropper on October 15, 2018, 04:17:05 AM
The wiring looks great, Jacob.  I can appreciate how much time that must have taken.  I've required a couple of pedalboards and I find it very tedious.

I've been meaning to order the Squareplugs for a while.  Maybe this will push me to finally do it.

Do it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jkokura

It's alive! I managed to get all the cabling done, all tidied, and then check the audio. I had sound right away, and all but one pedal was working as expected. I just switched input and output on the one pedal, and when I corrected the issue, everything is working fine and dandy!

I mentioned this earlier, but wow the Squareplugs are impressive. I figured they'd be like any other plug, but there is literally no way that this board could have been built without those connectors. Smaller than anything else I've tried, and I've probably tried them all.

And now goes the tedious job of getting sounds out of it. I have gotten basic settings out of all the pedals, but now I need to set them all up with the actual settings I would use, and program the EFX unit for the basic presets I would need. This will help during practice, but as I get back into writing, I'll be able to setup presets based on parts and sounds I plan to use.

This has been fun!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

sjaustin

That is a very nice board! Well done.

Leevibe

That is so sweet. I'm really glad you posted this because of the square plugs. I wasn't aware of them. Those look like just what I need. I have a lot of Switchcraft pancakes on my board right now, which I love dearly, but they don't allow for close spacing. Do you know the on-center spacing of your loop switcher jacks?

I also like that they have solder tabs for the sleeve connection. The switchcraft require you to solder to the casing which is a pain. I have a 75' spool of George L's that I think would pair right up with those and get my board all spiffied up.

jkokura

Quote from: Leevibe on October 18, 2018, 03:18:32 PM
That is so sweet. I'm really glad you posted this because of the square plugs. I wasn't aware of them. Those look like just what I need. I have a lot of Switchcraft pancakes on my board right now, which I love dearly, but they don't allow for close spacing. Do you know the on-center spacing of your loop switcher jacks?

I also like that they have solder tabs for the sleeve connection. The switchcraft require you to solder to the casing which is a pain. I have a 75' spool of George L's that I think would pair right up with those and get my board all spiffied up.

I got the squareplugs through Redco, and there's a chart link that actually specified what plugs and cables will work together, and if the plugs will work with a switcher unit.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Leevibe

Old thread but I just sprung for a pile of the square plugs. I'm pretty excited! Thanks for making me aware of these Jacob. They will go nice with the epic looper I'm working on!