News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chrono Trigger Dual Delay

Started by dan.schumaker, October 04, 2018, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Have you ever been playing your delay pedal, liking how it was going, but wanted a second parallel delay to go with it?  A parallel delay that you have full control over the time, mix and feedback?  If you have never wanted that, ignore the rest of this.  If you HAVE wanted that, this is the one for you!  I made up the Chrono Trigger as a parallel dual delay pedal.  Both delays have full control over mix, feedback and delay time.  When the pedal is off bypass, you get a single delay.  When you hit the dual footswitch, the second delay kicks in and adds to the crazy.

I am really happy with how this one turned out and how it fits comfortably in the 125B.  It was a straightforward build, nothing too crazy about it.  There are 2 J201's in there, with options for either the SMD or thru-hole version, that is probably the most difficult part of the build. 

And if you are wondering, my wife took the pictures after taking pictures of some greeting cards she makes.  I wanted to fancy up my typical photos  ;D
1852 Chrono Trigger Front by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
1852 CHrono Trigger Inside by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Here is a quick and dirty You-Tube of how it sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZvIZb0RoE

mjg

Those certainly are fancy photos  ;D

I'd love to hear an audio demo of this, the concept seems cool. 

Aleph Null

Saw the name of the pedal and "Secret of the Forest" immediately started playing in my head!

Graphics and layout look great. What strategy did you use for recombining the two signals?

dan.schumaker

Quote from: mjg on October 04, 2018, 10:42:35 PM
Those certainly are fancy photos  ;D

I'd love to hear an audio demo of this, the concept seems cool.

I just posted a little demo on my instagram (I'll probably update it and post a link to youtube tomorrow) to get a feel of the sounds.

Willybomb

Oddly enough, parallel delays have been something I had been thinking about...  maybe a parallel delay/reverb...

drog_trog

trailer

This looks great and the demo was great as well. Followed you future goodness.

Boba7

Great looking build, and pcb! Sounds like a lot of fun to play!