News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I'm done with Line6 gear - hardware and software

Started by stringsthings, October 04, 2018, 02:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

I still like a few things from L6. I don't know if they still make the gear or not but I like the FM4 and DL4 pedals still. Modding them is fun and not very expensive. I also dig the echo park and verbzilla pedals. They, IMO, blow most big name retail pedals away. But that's about as far as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stringsthings

Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 10, 2018, 06:48:09 PM
... I like the FM4 and DL4 pedals still. Modding them is fun and not very expensive.

What mods have you done to your FM4/DL4?    I took my MM4 apart and re-painted the enclosure.  I didn't do a very good job,
so I'll probably re-re-paint it when I'm in the mood.
All You Need Is Love

sjaustin

Quote from: stringsthings on October 12, 2018, 02:14:25 AMWhat mods have you done to your FM4/DL4?    I took my MM4 apart and re-painted the enclosure.  I didn't do a very good job,
Not the OP there, but I just did a switch replacement and external tap tempo jack job on a DL4 for an acquaintance. Switch job is really easy and pretty cheap, and it's a huge upgrade. External tap isn't too tough either, though it does eliminate the fourth preset as an option.

flanagan0718

Quote from: stringsthings on October 12, 2018, 02:14:25 AM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 10, 2018, 06:48:09 PM
... I like the FM4 and DL4 pedals still. Modding them is fun and not very expensive.

What mods have you done to your FM4/DL4?    I took my MM4 apart and re-painted the enclosure.  I didn't do a very good job,
A bunch really.

Double preset
Looper mode switch
Expression mod
Volume drop mod
Noise switch
Footswich upgrade

Maybe a few more that I can't think of right now.