News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I posted a legit item in the Buy/Sell/Trade and I was made fun of

Started by stringsthings, October 04, 2018, 09:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

I posted a legit item in the Buy/Sell/Trade and I was made fun of.

I have been a member of this forum for nearly 10 years.  I have bought PCB's from many members, including from Brian,
Freppo, etc ... I have spent many happy hours on this forum.

I don't understand why I was made fun of when I posted this:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28633.0
in the Buy/See/Trade section.

Response:

Quote from: gordo on October 03, 2018, 12:54:17 AM
Your post reminds me of listening to William Shatner as Captain Kirk.

Haven't we sort of been up and down this road?

Gordo,  what is your point?   What "road" are we talking about? 
               What does Star Trek have to do with an item for sale in a public forum?
                     Are you trying to antagonize me?

2nd response:

Quote from: lars on October 03, 2018, 02:36:59 AM
Again, I read more:

lars,

Have I offended you with my post?   You have certainly offended me.
           If I were Brian, I would ban you from this forum.  If you were my friend, I would discontinue our friendship.
                If I was a woman and you were a man, I would leave you and never return.  And then I would tell the world
                   so that no woman would ever make the same mistake.
                       If I was God, I would banish you from Heaven.

All You Need Is Love

EBK

I feel like I'm being left out of an inside joke.  Very odd sequence of posts there.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Frag Magnet

Quote from: EBK on October 04, 2018, 09:58:00 PM
I feel like I'm being left out of an inside joke.  Very odd sequence of posts there.
This.

Also, I got a thought in the back of my mind that goes 'is this another one of those situations where my sense of proportionality is all skewed by the year where people actively tried to kill my friends and I?'
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

madbean

This is starting to get a bit tiresome. Perhaps all the Joker/Batman escapades have led to people not taking you very seriously. I'm all for fun but...

alanp

I didn't post in the BST thread 'cos I'm still trying to work out what was going on, and why the two repliers were a bit hostile.

Mind you, I'm also trying to work out what was going on with the Batman/Joker thing. It honestly read like a younger nephew stole your login details or something.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

Yeah, I suppose I was a little heavy handed but I DID intend to be hostile.  I mean no malice towards you but like Alanp commented it's starting to feel like your account has been hacked.

The Joker/Batman/stringsthings thing has taken on a creepy schizophrenic vibe and with all the crazy shit going on in the world the last thing I expect is to find more strangeness here.

If the intention was humor then it went totally over my head.  I've read your posts with interest in the past and consider you a valued and certainly time-honored member of this forum.  In hindsight I think it would do me good to step back a bunch and adjust my own attitude before commenting on others.

I apologize.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aentons

Quote from: stringsthings on October 04, 2018, 09:37:00 PM

I don't understand why I was made fun of when I posted this:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28633.0
in the Buy/See/Trade section.

Sorry to butt in... No disrespect but it seems you have been making irrelevant and irreverent comments on others posts so you'd kinda have to expect the same in return.

This seems like it may be a case of... You can dish it out, but can't take it.

stringsthings

Quote from: Aentons on October 05, 2018, 05:34:29 AM

Sorry to butt in... No disrespect but it seems you have been making irrelevant and irreverent comments on others posts so you'd kinda have to expect the same in return.

This seems like it may be a case of... You can dish it out, but can't take it.

point taken.     

it may seem to be the case that I cannot take it.   On the other hand, have I shown disrespect while
making   "irrelevant and irreverent comments on others posts" ?
have i ridiculed anyone that is a member of this forum?
have I made fun of anyone that has asked a question such as, "what's wrong with my build?" ?
and finally, have I used any form of derogatory language in any of my posts?

I ask all of you who read this:    am i a better person for belonging to Madbean's forum?
All You Need Is Love

madbean

Quote from: stringsthings on October 05, 2018, 06:25:16 AM
point taken.     

it may seem to be the case that I cannot take it.   On the other hand, have I shown disrespect while
making   "irrelevant and irreverent comments on others posts" ?
have i ridiculed anyone that is a member of this forum?
have I made fun of anyone that has asked a question such as, "what's wrong with my build?" ?
and finally, have I used any form of derogatory language in any of my posts?

I ask all of you who read this:    am i a better person for belonging to Madbean's forum?

As far as I am aware you have done none of those things. And, of course you are an important and welcomed part of this forum and have been for a long time. But, you have registered multiple accounts which is a no-no. I realize it was done in fun and so it's not a huge deal, but I think it's time for us all to move back to the business of DIY here.

stringsthings

Quote from: madbean on October 05, 2018, 11:32:50 AM
... But, you have registered multiple accounts which is a no-no. ...

I have indeed registered more than one account.   I was not aware that this is a violation of current forum policy.
Self-correcting software will execute during the next reboot.   My apologies to all affected by this virus.
All You Need Is Love

lars

Quote from: madbean on October 04, 2018, 10:10:14 PM
This is starting to get a bit tiresome. Perhaps all the Joker/Batman escapades have led to people not taking you very seriously. I'm all for fun but...
Nailed it.
I saw that same item, same pictures, posted on a fake posting here (that was locked, then deleted). Although there is nothing wrong with one user having multiple accounts, there also doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it, especially when selling items. Why list the exact same item under two different accounts? What's the angle?
The information listed isn't even accurate:  "the seller has cloned an ARP2600". No, the Syncussion SY-1 was a unique device originally made by Pearl in 1979. It has nothing to do with an ARP2600. It's a drum machine. The pictured item is just a knockoff of that Pearl unit.
People see red flags in listings and practices like that. Why all the misdirection? Nothing about any of this makes any sense.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

alanp

TheHumanComparator (the seller for the SY-1) also had another project, the TTSH 2600 (an ARP2600 clone.) He's also done the Serge TKB, and some other things.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lars

Quote from: alanp on October 05, 2018, 10:25:42 PM
TheHumanComparator (the seller for the SY-1) also had another project, the TTSH 2600 (an ARP2600 clone.) He's also done the Serge TKB, and some other things.
I guess now I kind of see where that original post was coming from, though the information was so cryptic and disconnected, it's hard not to view it as spam.
And looking over some older posts from the user "stringsthings", the more recent posts don't seem like the same person at all. Stringsthings used to use emoticons all the time and had a polished/readable cadence to their sentences. This "new" stringsthings doesn't type the same, or think the same, and has made a lot of references to falling asleep with several "zzzzzzzzzzzzz's". It's very strange. Maybe that was the goal, but I think it's befuddled everyone here.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Aentons

Quote from: lars on October 06, 2018, 06:07:41 AM
This "new" stringsthings doesn't type the same, or think the same, and has made a lot of references to falling asleep with several "zzzzzzzzzzzzz's". It's very strange.

Sounds to me like somebody maybe started taking Ambien

madbean