News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oh, good....

Started by Frag Magnet, October 04, 2018, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frag Magnet

Russia claims US has a biological weapons program running in Georgia (the country).

Based on this, I think we can reasonably presume the following:
-Biopreparat (or a version of it) is back up and running
-mysterious biological incidents are going to be blamed on the CIA and/or the Jews in the coming weeks, months, and/or years
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

stringsthings

Wow!   For a minute there, I thought that the Atlanta Falcons were going to go back in time and win the Super Bowl.
Tom Brady would've thrown a last minute interception to himself and then tackled Rob Gronkowski who would've then dunked
the nearest cheerleader into a tuba.

Am I dreaming?   .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
All You Need Is Love

alanp

While it seems to be the 'in' thing, the Russians blaming the Russians for NATO goings-on would be a bit much. (A university study came out, recently, blaming them for the bad online reception for The Last Jedi.)

And TBH, while countries can claim anything they like, I would be very surprised indeed if they didn't have some kind of biological weapons research going on. And it's always hilarious when people clarify whether they mean an actual sovereign country, or a district, when they talk about Georgia. Maybe it's down to seeing Goldeneye before the Dukes of Hazzard, but I always think of Georgia the country first.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ahiddentableau

Quote from: alanp on October 05, 2018, 06:48:47 AM
Maybe it's down to seeing Goldeneye before the Dukes of Hazzard, but I always think of Georgia the country first.

LOL.  That's as good a line as I've seen in a while.

Frag Magnet

Quote from: alanp on October 05, 2018, 06:48:47 AM
While it seems to be the 'in' thing, the Russians blaming the Russians for NATO goings-on would be a bit much.
No, but the Kremlin accusing the US/Jews/NATO of what they're guilty of would be long-standing Chekist SOP.

Quote from: alanp on October 05, 2018, 06:48:47 AM(A university study came out, recently, blaming them for the bad online reception for The Last Jedi.)
While the idea isn't necessarily 100% implausible (generally speaking RIS are trying to find as many ways to ratchet up divisions in the West as possible and antagonize them as much as possible (see: obvious ties to the altright but also a bunch of very popular Black Lives Matter pages being run by GRU))...

That 'study' is utter garbage. Like, seriously, look at their methodology. The sample size is pitifully small and there's no confirmation whatsoever on their "Russian accounts" being Russian.

Quote from: alanp on October 05, 2018, 06:48:47 AMAnd TBH, while countries can claim anything they like, I would be very surprised indeed if they didn't have some kind of biological weapons research going on.
Defense, yes. That's just prudent for a variety of reasons.

The US (and I'm sure most western countries) abandoned offensive biological defense research early in the Cold War because we determined it was too difficult to effectively weaponize biological agents and they'd be impossible to control on the battlefield, anyway.

The Soviets were a different matter entirely... they actually stuck with it---something we didn't begin to appreciate until Col. Kanatzhan "Ken" Alibekov defected (his book, Biohazard, is a fantastic read if you never want to sleep again, BTW). Their offensive biological weapons program was only abandoned when Communism collapsed.
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

trailer

Quote from: Frag Magnet on October 05, 2018, 03:29:01 PM
The Soviets were a different matter entirely... they actually stuck with it---something we didn't begin to appreciate until Col. Kanatzhan "Ken" Alibekov defected (his book, Biohazard, is a fantastic read if you never want to sleep again, BTW). Their offensive biological weapons program was only abandoned when Communism collapsed.

I hate sleep and love history like this. Added to my to-read list!