News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A little of this, little of that...

Started by dropanchor812, October 12, 2018, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropanchor812

Catch up post of the last few months for me...

Celeste Chorus -  built for a friend who is wanting to get into building, but just didn't have the time to throw himself into getting the projects done.  Etched faceplate by the Haberdasher himself

Testing Rig I made for the same guy using some really cool screw terminals... the bases are ceramic!

Sagan Delay v2 -  happy with how this one came out sonically, but the etch is kind of a mess.  This one was for me and I'm always a little lazier when I build for myself.  If you built the first Sagan and weren't into it do yourself a favor and build the new one... the fidelity is sooooo much better.

Tap tempo switch 🤷🏻‍♂️

Noise Ensemble from Fredrik's layout- I really dig this circuit.  It's super fun and gets really weird, but I think it has more practical applications than it's given credit for.  Built in a 1590g, named after a bit from a comedy bang bang episode I was listening to while I built it.  Again, a super messy thing because it was for me.

Couple of Into the Unknowns from Fredrik - I built one of these a while back for a friend, he loved it and let a friend borrow it.  So then the friend of my friend, says "hey I want to buy this, and can the guy make me a back up."  So these two were for my friend, and the other is the backup.  In the spirit of making sure I'm not cutting in on Fredrik's glory (and income) for designing this awesome circuit I won't be making anymore of these.  But yeah, I think they turned out nice!

Another Sagan - had to wire some of the pots off-board because I wanted the controls further away from the switches on the bottom.  Was a request from the customer to make it "twin peaks themed", so that's the story on the Chevron.  Much happier with how this one turned out, aesthetically, compared to my own!

Another Noise Ensemble - a friend played mine and loved it, wanted to make it more bass friendly so he wanted a blender.  He also wanted to be able to activate it on a momentary as well as latched bypass so I used a VFE board to achieve all that.  Thanks to Gordo for pointing me in the right direction of that switching solution!

That's it for now... working on another Sagan at the moment and then I might take a little siesta from building.  We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailer

Somebodies been super busy! These all look great.

playpunk

Love each of these. Fantastic. I dig the aesthetic.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

Nice work! Your graphics and etching have a cool signature to them.

culturejam

That test rig is hot. Also, I love the Happy Gilmore reference.

*sigh* I remember when I had this kind of project time available.  :(
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jduma

Love your etches and builds. What are you using as an anvil for stamping? I am having a hard time juggling everything while trying to position and hold the enclosure over my anvil (another hammer face) and strike the stamp.

dropanchor812

Quote from: culturejam on October 12, 2018, 10:08:29 AM
That test rig is hot. Also, I love the Happy Gilmore reference.

*sigh* I remember when I had this kind of project time available.  :(

I've been building a lot more this year because I've been getting a steady stream of requests for builds, otherwise my output would be much much less.  In reality, I don't have this kind of project time available, thus my building moniker being "Russ Never Sleeps".

Quote from: Leevibe on October 12, 2018, 09:45:24 AM
Nice work! Your graphics and etching have a cool signature to them.

Thanks!  Most all the designs are contrasted images stolen from the inside of security envelopes.  I am no graphic designer myself, and I figure security envelopes are public domain.

Quote from: jduma on October 12, 2018, 10:24:14 AM
Love your etches and builds. What are you using as an anvil for stamping? I am having a hard time juggling everything while trying to position and hold the enclosure over my anvil (another hammer face) and strike the stamp.

I use leftover pieces of wood secured in a vise.  I make sure that the wood fits tightly in the enclosure so it doesn't move around when I strike it.  Since the wood is softer than an iron anvil I have to be really careful not to use too much force or else the stamp will crack right through the enclosure.  I would think you could secure the hammer in a vise to keep it steady, but with such a small surface area to strike on I imagine it would be difficult to keep it upright.  Give the wood a shot, and if you have a good harder wood then it may be more forgiving regardless of how much force you use.   

diablochris6

Great job, friend!
You're doing the Sagan proud.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

mjg

That's such a cool look that you've got going there. 

Also, love it when the switching solution board ends up being bigger than the actual effect.  ;)

ahiddentableau

Quote from: mjg on October 12, 2018, 02:29:58 PM
That's such a cool look that you've got going there. 

+1 to that.  Great overall look from those etches and the stamps.

cooder

Most excellent and great style builds! Spiffin...!
BigNoise Amplification