News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Beware Amplified Parts

Started by Ekimneets, October 08, 2018, 06:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

Just relating my experience.

I ordered 12 LED footswitches for a run of special edition pedals. Unboxed all 12 pedals worked as expected. Boxed 3 of the 12 were dead. I tracked it down to a continuity problem in the footswitches.

I got asked many questions and even supplies pics and returned the bad footswiches. That was 9/25. Now on 10/8 they have accused me of tampering with the footswitches and will not replace them.

Really, tampering for $25 in footswitches. Cmon. I've got so many other things to worry about. Anyway, caveat emptor! They have lost my business and can't say I've ever been treated that way by any company.

If anyone has questions I have the emails to show it.

-Mike
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

stringsthings

Wow.

That's really something.   One would think that Amplified Parts is smarter.
All You Need Is Love

Ekimneets

I couldn't believe it. As a business owner myself, if a custyhaf a problem with $25 in parts, I would just eat the cost to make the customer happy. But, to actually say they tampered with them is ridiculous. I' sure I have well over a thousand dollars in parts within arms reach right now. I've also got a stack of pedals to make, I don't have time for that!

Zigcat

I always thought it was odd that they look exactly like Antique Electronic Supply. Website is identical.

jduma

I have yet to find a great source of led footswitches. I have had some flake out on me I will never buy them again.

ahiddentableau

Quote from: Zigcat on October 08, 2018, 08:48:15 PM
I always thought it was odd that they look exactly like Antique Electronic Supply. Website is identical.

I figured Amplified Parts and Antique Electronic Supply are the same company for the reason you mentioned.  Is that not correct?

Sorry you had such a bad time with them.  Guess I should find another source for tube sockets and such.

davent

Amplified Parts, CE Distribution and Antique Electronic Supply  customer services all share this address;  6221 S Maple Ave, Tempe, AZ 85283

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/customer-service
https://www.cedist.com/customer-service
https://www.tubesandmore.com/customer-service
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Zigcat

Quote from: davent on October 08, 2018, 11:41:29 PM
Amplified Parts, CE Distribution and Antique Electronic Supply  customer services all share this address;  6221 S Maple Ave, Tempe, AZ 85283

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/customer-service
https://www.cedist.com/customer-service
https://www.tubesandmore.com/customer-service
dave

Thank you for doing the research on this! I wonder what the advantage of three, identical companies is?

dan.schumaker

CE Dist is the commercial/wholesale part of the business.  You need to apply for an account, show that you are in the business to be able to buy there.

stringsthings

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 08, 2018, 07:41:50 PM
... As a business owner myself, if a custyhaf a problem with $25 in parts, I would just eat the cost to make the customer happy....

Exactly.   My first real job was at the local McDonald's Beverage and Emporium.   
If a customer came up to the counter and was not happy with
the quality of their order ( for example:  soggy fries ), we just simply :

a.  shouted "well, la dee fricken' doo da!  I dew declare! y'all is sayin' wat?"
         b.  e = mc2
         c.  sorry, i don't speak engrish, but i can slinky my way 'cross the dance floor ...
         d.  a + b = c
         e.  the correct answer is:   none of the above
         f.   stairway to heaven < highway to hell
         g.  clapton is GOD > DOG si notpalc

Today's quiz is brought to you by Happy Cat Pedals.
We build 'em cuz we like fuzzy McFuzzBalls.
   (  clean up!  aisle 2!  )

"We're Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band  ... 
You're such a Lovely Audience, We'd Love to Take U Home ..."
All You Need Is Love

Zigcat

Quote from: stringsthings on October 09, 2018, 03:08:57 AM
Quote from: Ekimneets on October 08, 2018, 07:41:50 PM
... As a business owner myself, if a custyhaf a problem with $25 in parts, I would just eat the cost to make the customer happy....

Exactly.   My first real job was at the local McDonald's Beverage and Emporium.   
If a customer came up to the counter and was not happy with
the quality of their order ( for example:  soggy fries ), we just simply :

a.  shouted "well, la dee fricken' doo da!  I dew declare! y'all is sayin' wat?"
         b.  e = mc2
         c.  sorry, i don't speak engrish, but i can slinky my way 'cross the dance floor ...
         d.  a + b = c
         e.  the correct answer is:   none of the above
         f.   stairway to heaven < highway to hell
         g.  clapton is GOD > DOG si notpalc

Today's quiz is brought to you by Happy Cat Pedals.
We build 'em cuz we like fuzzy McFuzzBalls.
   (  clean up!  aisle 2!  )

"We're Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band  ... 
You're such a Lovely Audience, We'd Love to Take U Home ..."

This is exactly what I was going to say, but you beat me to it.

gtr2

CE distribution charged my credit card for shipping at the end of the year a few years back for previously placed orders stating "I was undercharged for shipping".  It wasn't worth the hassle to battle it but I haven't ordered from them again or their other sister companies.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Stomptown

I've had really good experiences with CE in the past but I'm dealing with them as we speak regarding a poor quality/damaged set of faceplates for a JTM45 I'm building for s customer.  They shipped out the replacements today but informed me I need to send back the damaged plates. Seems a bit ridiculous to send something back that belongs in the garbage.  I guess only time will tell if they accuse me of tampering.  ::)

Ekimneets

Just don't be surprised. To immediately accuse of tampering just sort of weird. After they asked for the defective footswitches. I was asked why I had disassembled the footswitches, why the lugs were not in perfect shape and why I cut the LED leads. I tried to explain that if you don't put the nut back on those switches they just naturally come apart, that I had a daughter board on the lugs and it's a waste of time to try to desolder 9 lugs and that to fit that big of a footswitch in a 1590b is because you have to make room. I didn't know there were going to be forensics done.

I even sent them pictures of the other builds to try and explain.

That was when They said I tampered with them and was trying to fraud them. I'm not even mad, I'm still in shock. I think I'm gonna fraud McDonalds out of some fries tomorrow.

I'm an anarchist!

-M

Stomptown

That's crazy that they came at you with accusations. Luckily I noticed the damage on the faceplates before installing them so they show no signs of use.  I read their Return policy and unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to pay to ship them back though which is lame.  They also reserve the right to charge a restocking fee if it's not returned  promptly.  I don't think this will keep me from ordering there but I will definitely limit my purchases to items of known quality just to avoid the hassle.  Then again, their steep shipping rates are probably offsetting any money I'm saving on parts so maybe it's time to re-evaluate things.