News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I’m going insane in regards to uploading photos

Started by Ekimneets, October 10, 2018, 02:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

I have tried for the third time to post a build. I always get cut off at the knees when it comes to uploading the photos. First, they are to big and then they are the wrong file type and then something else.

I now use my iPhone for most photographs. At first, I busted out the DSLR and the macro lens, too shallow DOF. I tried a kit lens on it and it not much of an improvement. I actually prefer the iPhone pics. But, they are still too big. The only thing I knew to do was e-mail them to yourself and it asks what size you want to use.

Yes I thought! Wrong! Now it's in the wrong kind of file.

There was something else too, but I am just not figuring it out.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not bit*hing, I just know that there is an easier way to do it and I am just being a hammerhead.

-M
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

Willybomb

There's two ways I go about it:

Rightclick on the file in explorer and select "resize image"

Or:

Upload it to FB first, save it from there to another folder, upload that copy.

Ekimneets

I'm game, I'll try the FB thing. I use safari.

Thx

-M

trailer

If you use Taptalk on your phone it's super easy to upload straight from your phone. I usually make my post on whatever desktop I'm at and then edit the post on Taptalk. Sounds like a lot of work but it's really fast.

Ekimneets

Im on it.

I just found a workaround on a mac, but you have to choose the photos, export the photos, pick a file type, pick an extension, specify a size. Its just a hassle.

I've seen the tap talk thing just blew it off. I'll go find it.

Thx

-Mike

alanp

I usually crop and resize my JPGs in Gimp. (You need to export, rather than save, though.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

sjaustin

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 10, 2018, 04:44:27 AMI just found a workaround on a mac, but you have to choose the photos, export the photos, pick a file type, pick an extension, specify a size. Its just a hassle.
I have an Automator* workflow that I use to resize bunches of photos at once. Basically, you drag them out of the Photos app into a folder on your desktop, then run the workflow and point to those images, and it resizes the whole batch in less than a second. Happy to email you the workflow if you want to try it out. Just hit me up at my username at Gmail.

* Automator comes installed on your Mac, if you didn't know. It's hugely powerful but they don't talk about it much.

Aentons

I take pictures with my Android phone. I just txt them to myself using Google Messages and download the reduced pic and upload that. Super easy and works every time.

madbean

There are several formats that can be attached to posts: jpeg, png, gif. They must be under 1MB.

Ekimneets

Som ene had mentioned that it was easy in TapTalk so, I went ahead and got that. I guess I'll find out with the next build.

Brian, it is made very clear when you are posting what file types and sizes are acceptable, I wasn't gripping about that.

I probably should have been griping about Apple.

-M