News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

More 1590A Madess

Started by dan.schumaker, October 10, 2018, 06:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

So as you know, I have a slight 1590A addiction (Hi, my name is Dan, and I have a problem....).  So here are a few builds from my last batch of PCB deigns.  I still have a few more finished, just waiting on boxing them up.  On tap to box are another multi PT2399 delay, a program switching FV-1, Rat with clipping options, an optical tremolo and a few more.

Expanse Phaser - Ross Phaser (...phaser content, paging Jimilee...).  Three LM13700 SMD chips, controls for level, regen, speed and width.
1850 Expanse by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Clairvoyant Compressor - Dyna-comp type compressor with a blend.  Thru-hole LM13700, controls for sustain, tone, volume and blend.
1849 Clairvoyant by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Omega modulator, drone, delay, reverb chorus Noise Maker - This is based on the Sentinel noise maker from DIYstompboxes.  This is a really cool little box.  Almost like a multi-effect pedal in a small form factor.  You can get really convincing Reverb tones, Chorus tones and Delay tones just by playing with the knobs.  Controls are for Drone, Width, Speed and Depth
1843 Omega by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Auroch Drive - Tube Driver like OD.  Can get really thick and tube like sounds.  Good for that later Gilmour sound.  Controls for Volume, Gain, Lo and Hi.
1848 Auroch by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Curd Distortion - This is a Big Cheese in a 1590A.  There is no option for tone-stack bypass, but you still get the other three (including the swiss cheese setting.  Controls for Gain, Volume and Tone, switch between mid boost, mid scoop and gated.
1847 Curd by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Heritage OD - Based on the Lovepedal OD named after the city Heritage guitars is in now.  A very nice transparent OD.  Controls for Vol, Drive, Tone and Glass.
1844 Heritage by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
1484 OD - Based on the Silvertone 1484 amp and twin twelve.  Controls for Vol, Gain, Treble and Bass.
1842 1484 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
Woodward Overdrive Manipulator - This is based on the EQD Westwood OD.  Controls for Vol, Gain, Bass and Treble.
1841 Wormwood by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Yahoo67

sjaustin

Incredible work as usual. What do you even do with all these?!  ;D

pickdropper

Stellar work, Dan.  I'm particularly digging that phaser layout.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Awesome work Dan. The Ross phaser is perhaps my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

p_wats

Wow. Very nice. I've been tempted to do more 1590A builds, but have a hard enough time with regular size.

Ekimneets

I'm w p_wats. The planning that goes into that makes me feel like a hack.
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

m-Kresol

Great work all around and impressive cramming them in there! The compressor sure looks like it was a layout challenge, too.

Quote from: jimilee on October 10, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
Awesome work Dan. The Ross phaser is perhaps my favorite.

Everyone listen up! Jimilee likes the phaser best! Surprise, surprise  ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

peterc

These are absolute works of art.....
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

nzCdog

Woooah... quite a batch there!  Lookin great :)

gordo

You are a madman.  What a body of work!!!  Superb.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Good that they are "only" 1590A.... that means you only have a small problem.... ouch...
(Hi, my name is Dan, and I have a problem....).

Madness. Genius. squeezing a rubics cube into a 1590A, surface mounted...
BigNoise Amplification