News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Barranca Overdrive (EQD Palisades-ish)

Started by storyboardist, October 11, 2018, 06:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Been working on this one a while and finally got it boxed up last weekend. It's my take on the EQD Palisades, but without the boost option, since I wanted to squeeze it into a 125B. The hardest part was the rotary switches, but I remembered the Coda Effects tap tempo trem build that used some mini 1P6T rotaries (which you can get from Small Bear) with daughterboards to board mount them. Now we're cookin'. I ended up adding another option to the bandwidth switch (Palisades has 5) since you can't limit the number of poles with the minis like you can with the large plastic Alpha rotaries. The rest of the circuit isn't that large, so it came together pretty neatly after that. Because of the rotary/daughterboard combo I had to use long leg PCB mount pots to get all the controls on the same level–well, almost all of them. Anybody know if there are longer legged toggle switches? I ended up using some thick solid core wire to get them high enough to get the nuts on. I guess I could have left them short and had an oval in the enclosure for the throw of the switch, but who wants to mill an oval? lol Anyway, I'll stop rambling and show the pics now.

Here's the daughter boards and mini rotaries:

Guts:

Enclosure:

(Used Mod Podge to adhere the graphics. Thanks CJ for that thread detailing that method.)

All buttoned up:

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Aleph Null

Mod Podge for the win! Looks great inside and out. Gonna have to look into those mini rotaries.

m-Kresol

great layout and a sleek idea using those pots.
Is that a screenprint or decal? Anyways, it looks super cool
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

matmosphere

Very nice!! That's a lot to cram into a 125b.

I've seen some switches that have a longer threaded shaft, maybe on smallbear, it's probably not long enough to get the nut on but I'm sure you could solder the lugs and get them to where the top of the threading is flush with the top.

cooder

Superb! Tightly packed as and looking tidy all the same!
Now where are my dwarf set of feet to hit those foot switches... ;D
BigNoise Amplification

brejna

Awesome build! Is this designed in eagle? Could you please share 1p6t part?

Cheers
Brane

Poslano sa mog LG-H502 koristeći Tapatalk

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sonnyboy27

That's an awesome looking build. The fact that you crammed all of that in there with top mount jacks is astonishing.

Willybomb

nzCdog

Hey that's awesome!  Love the graphics and impressive PCB design

storyboardist

Thanks for the kind words guys. This thing rips. Already thinking of working on a derivative that's a little simpler, cuz I'll be honest, after about 5 min of playing with it too-many-knobs-syndrome set in. lol Though there are very few settings I found that sound bad to my ear.

Quote from: brejna on October 11, 2018, 02:29:09 PM
Awesome build! Is this designed in eagle? Could you please share 1p6t part?

It is designed in Eagle and I'm happy to share the part model. I just gotta dig it up. I designed this about a year ago and have since upgraded computers and I'm guessing that Eagle library didn't get copied in the migration (no worries it's just in my basement, I'll find it this afternoon).

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 11, 2018, 10:41:38 AM
Is that a screenprint or decal? Anyways, it looks super cool

The design was printed on medium weight paper, cut out and glued to the enclosure with Mod Podge. Layered a couple coats over top with the intent of lightly sanding it down flat and clear coating, but it looked good enough and I didn't want to risk sanding into the paper, so I let it be.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

brejna

Thanks, do you have 9mm 2p3t rotary also?

Cheers
Brane

Poslano sa mog LG-H502 koristeći Tapatalk

diablochris6

This is massively cool. Major kudos to the killer layout.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here