News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!

Started by jjjimi84, October 15, 2018, 10:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my first offset and what I told my wife is my last guitar.

Featuring a chambered swamp ash body in blue burst finish, roasted one piece maple neck with azurite inlays with a 52 tele sized crave to it. It also has a reverse warhead headstock with locking tuners and stainless steel frets. I have a a mastery bridge and vibrato setup in there and i used a stew mac neck shim, which was a first for me.

It is wired with the standard jazzmaster wiring and has a set of Sunday Handwound pickups woodies set. These pickups are ridiculous, I think they make the guitar sound great. There is none of that ice pick harshness and they are just siper smooth.

Let me know what you all think.

mjg

Ekimneets

Sexy is not too strong of a word.

-m
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

gordo

Just ridiculously clean looking.  Wow.  I've never owned an offset and yours is giving me GAS pains :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Oh wow! That looks sick. And those pickups, Timbo does an outstanding job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

That looks great.  Where did the body and neck come from?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

That is purty! Great colour

cooder

Very very nice one! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: pickdropper on October 15, 2018, 05:29:53 PM
That looks great.  Where did the body and neck come from?

The body is from Warmoth that was setting in there showcase for way too long and the neck I had them build with my specs. It is my third warmoth build and I really love their necks.

Quote from: jimilee on October 15, 2018, 05:25:34 PM
Oh wow! That looks sick. And those pickups, Timbo does an outstanding job.

He is the coolest guy to work with and this pickups are seriously outstanding. I shielded the guitar cavity and they are really quiet and the bridge has a nice punch to it, while the neck is smooth and sounds like a big strat neck sound.

Adam_DIY

Ha ha ha ha ha last guitar ever... priceless  ;D

It does look flipping cool though

jimilee

Quote from: Adam_MD on October 15, 2018, 09:47:44 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha last guitar ever... priceless  ;D

It does look flipping cool though
This week maybe.....

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

timbo_93631

Looks really nice!  The full mastery kit too, and with the blue burst and the Warhead neck it all fits together so well!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

ahiddentableau

Great guitar.

Can you compare the mastery trem to the standard Fender?  In terms of feel and tightness?  Similar?  Different?  Better?  How so?  I'm considering going this way myself.

jjjimi84

Quote from: ahiddentableau on October 16, 2018, 08:47:10 PM
Great guitar.

Can you compare the mastery trem to the standard Fender?  In terms of feel and tightness?  Similar?  Different?  Better?  How so?  I'm considering going this way myself.

I really wish I could help you but this is my first offset and took timbo_93631s advice on bridge. He recommended either the stay trem or mastery, I went mastery because they do not sell the staytrem in the us anymore.

I can tell you that with the neck shim and a slight adjustment to the bridge this thing was dialed in. It is pretty tight so there isn't any bottoming out, it kinda feels like a strat vibrato.

I did break a string already, which I haven't done in about five years, but i think that has something to do with the nut pinching the high e a bit.

All in alli am really happy and have been recording with it a lot.