I’m headed into terra incognito for a couple of days, but I wanted to post this before I left.

Started by Ekimneets, October 16, 2018, 09:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

I got the Idea from watching Brian's video intro to Madbean.

This is off to my right and my most commonly used tools.

When I get back all actually post pictures of my workstation after I clean up a bit.

I'm just always curious to see how other people do things and I always learn something.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

Frag Magnet

"The reason the American Army does so well in war is because war is chaos and the American Army practices chaos on a daily basis."
-an unknown German officer
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

somnif

For a long time, my "work space" was an overturned microwave box sitting on my bedroom floor, with a lamp on it. My soldering iron's holding stand sat on it, along with my usual tools off to the side (snips, helping-hands, flashlight, etc).

The joys of grad student income and closet sized apartments.

My new and improved workspace is now a low end table sitting on my living room floor! So yes, I do 99% of my soldering sitting cross-legged hunched over a small table  8) .

(But at least now the surface is much less flammable!)

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Ekimneets

So, my first job in the medical field was as a Surgical Technologist. Those are the folks responsible for passing instruments, sterilizing them, maintaining sterile fields, etc.

A large part of the job was care and selection of instruments. To that end, Pickdropper I am totally geeking out over your armamentarium. I am going to try and look them up and figure out their application.

This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

If the only tool you know is a hammer...

-m

alanp

My cheapo sidecutters are my most used tool. No brand name, at all, on them. (The steak knife is used for resistor lead bending.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

Quote from: alanp on October 16, 2018, 09:47:26 PM

My cheapo sidecutters are my most used tool. No brand name, at all, on them. (The steak knife is used for resistor lead bending.)

Are they snipped leads in the jar Alan?  What are you keeping them for? :)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

Quick and easy way of making sure that you don't have trimmings on the floor (ready to step on.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

somnif

Quote from: chromesphere on October 16, 2018, 10:24:17 PM
Good reason, i thought you were saving them for scrap metal :D

I have an old tupperwear-ish container I use for snipped leads. I toss them at household hazardous waste whenever we have a local pickup (we have some problems with lead in our ground water around here, so I prefer to not just trash them)

Ekimneets

Hi Paul,

Haven't sent any business you way in awhile.

However, I've got one of your builds in the que.

Much thanks for your videos.

-m

chromesphere

Thanks mate
Quote from: Ekimneets on October 16, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
Hi Paul,

Haven't sent any business you way in awhile.

However, I've got one of your builds in the que.

Much thanks for your videos.

-m

Thanks mate!  All good, things are going well with the store, very busy, so hopefully im doing something right :)
Paul

EBK

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 16, 2018, 08:41:32 PM
So, my first job in the medical field was as a Surgical Technologist. Those are the folks responsible for passing instruments, sterilizing them, maintaining sterile fields, etc.
That is exactly what I instantly thought of when I saw that tray of tools!  I fully expected to see a scalpel or hemostat mixed in (looks like you may actually have some of those  ;D).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Ekimneets

Quote from: EBK on October 17, 2018, 09:29:57 AM
That is exactly what I instantly thought of when I saw that tray of tools!  I fully expected to see a scalpel or hemostat mixed in (looks like you may actually have some of those  ;D).
Yup, scalpel up top w/ lots of fresh blades, very helpful.

Down below, hemostats, scissors and needle holders.

It's just what I'm familiar with. No need to re-invent the wheel.

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

Leevibe

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 17, 2018, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: EBK on October 17, 2018, 09:29:57 AM
Yup, scalpel up top w/ lots of fresh blades, very helpful.

Down below, hemostats, scissors and needle holders.

It's just what I'm familiar with. No need to re-invent the wheel.

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

I like using a scalpel too because blades are cheap and they're just cool. I got the idea from watching Crimson Guitar build videos. I use hemostats a lot too. Super handy.