News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

More workstation pics

Started by Ekimneets, October 18, 2018, 01:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

So, it's a bit crowded, but everything is within reach. Unfortunately, I'm moving soon and everything will get redone.

Typo'd from my iphone
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

Aristatertotle

Damn that's a nice set up. I need that hexapus of a holder thing.

Also, that's one fancy microscope thing you've got going on there.

Ekimneets

That digital microscope is awesome

Typo'd from my iphone

somnif

Quote from: Aristatertotle on October 18, 2018, 02:45:49 PM
Damn that's a nice set up. I need that hexapus of a holder thing.

There are many versions of that on Amazon, in the ~30$ range it appears. Some have a magnifier arm, some a light arm, some even have a little 30mm fan to blow smoke away from your work!

Granted, no idea how useful the magnifier, flashlight, and wee tiny fan actually are....

Just search "helping hands" on amazon, tons of options.

Leevibe

I've never been able to bond with helping hands. Hobby vise, PCB vise and BluTack work so much better for me. In fact, just BluTack works better for anything I ever used helping hands for.

Nice works station!

Ekimneets

Leevibe, I use them all. Seems like somethings work better for some applications than others.

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

Leevibe

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 18, 2018, 03:08:55 PM
Leevibe, I use them all. Seems like somethings work better for some applications than others.

Very true. Either way, it looks like you have a really sweet setup. It's a place you can hang out in for a long time I bet. That's how I feel about mine when I don't let it get to wrecked. haha!

pickdropper

Quote from: Leevibe on October 18, 2018, 03:04:43 PM
I've never been able to bond with helping hands. Hobby vise, PCB vise and BluTack work so much better for me. In fact, just BluTack works better for anything I ever used helping hands for.

Nice works station!

Same here.  I use a Panavise or a small machinist's vice.

That's a very nice setup.  I use those same flip up parts storage bins.  Invaluable for SMT parts in particular. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Ekimneets

That microscope is particularly helpful

Typo'd from my iphone

gordo

You, sir, are sick in the best of ways!  Damn that's a fun looking workstation.  My space is occupied by a new pedal board that changes as I can dream it, so picture your space divided by 100 and covered in sawdust.  I have a few days off so am hoping to get it back to presentable.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 18, 2018, 03:35:03 PM
That microscope is particularly helpful

Typo'd from my iphone

which brand digital microscope is that.

I use a trinocular stereo zoom microscope for SMT stuff all the time, but a dig microscope might be a nice addition.
Function f(x)

Ekimneets

Leevibe

mjg

I've got a USB microscope sitting on the shelf that we use for 'science' type stuff.  School projects mainly. Or just getting grossed out looking at body parts at high magnification. 

Have to say I'd not even thought of using it with electronics.  I'll have to give it a try. 

pickdropper

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 18, 2018, 09:31:43 PM
Pickdropper, it's this one here. Hopefully that's a good link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=2KVQPKQSS2V7N&M=urn:rtn:msg:20181019042933b2c32290b05c4980a37a9a4771d0p0na&R=14C1NIO6C99WT&T=C&U=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FKoolertron-Wireless-Microscope-Adjustable-Recorder%2Fdp%2FB078RLJZYK%2Fref%3Dcm_sw_em_r_dp_dz_UP_J1vYBbVMB69MR_tt&H=IJAQIGAVOWDALLQW89XSZBQY0UOA

At first, I got a cheaper one and the resolutions not very good. I have been quite happy with this one.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, that looks nice.  I may get one at some point.

This is what I like to use.

I have a DSLR attachment for the trinocular port, but I don't use it often.
Function f(x)