News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oct. Releases Released - 1

Started by madbean, October 19, 2018, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Dreamtime, Headtrip and 9mm Pot Panel are all released.

I only have a handful of the 9mm panels (will get more in November) but a pretty good chunk of the other two. And, the Pepper Spray ships free with all order until I run out. I got more (75) than the Donut so hopefully they will last a few days.

The Headtrip demo is also up: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28765.0;topicseen

The Wavelord is not releasing today. My sincere apologies. When I got down to doing the demo and started really digging into it, I realized the detail is just not there yet in the tremolo. By that, I mean some of the waveform subtlety isn't coming through as well as it should. There are a lot of intricate waveforms in the TAPLFO3 and they ALL need to be useable in the Wavelord. I think it comes down to my choice of optical device. In the build doc, I listed the NSL32 R3 and I think this is the problem - dark resistance too large. In order to get to the solution I have to disassemble my build which is going to take time. So, better to put it off for another week or two and get it right. I only had about 8 to sell right now anyway because that's as many rotary switches I could get at the time.

Rockhorst

Great work Brian.

Sadly...I was waiting to order an Uber Tuber until these came out (because shipping) but it now says the Uber Tuber is sold out on checkout (still available for order in the shop).

m-Kresol

no worries Brian. Just placed my order for the dreamtime. Feels like I haven't ordered a pcb from any webshop in ages. Really looking forward to this one :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

zgrav

placed an order for both the new boards.  the Headtrip demo is very impressive for the variety of sounds and clean tones.  also does a good job showing off the great design with the etched copper.

tone seeker

Got mine ordered! Of couse, it looks like you have
A larger supply now!

zgrav

Sort of a related question -- How do you etch a copper clad circuit board to get those very nice design for the Headtrip pedal?  Are you designing it using a circuit design program and then ordering it from a supplier?  Or somehow making it yourself?  The artwork on that board is way nicer than anything I thought was DIY-able.

m-Kresol

Quote from: zgrav on October 24, 2018, 10:34:47 AM
Sort of a related question -- How do you etch a copper clad circuit board to get those very nice design for the Headtrip pedal?  Are you designing it using a circuit design program and then ordering it from a supplier?  Or somehow making it yourself?  The artwork on that board is way nicer than anything I thought was DIY-able.

you design it in whatever graphics program suits you, print it reversed and mirrored and do a toner transfer to generate the etching mask. Then etch the copper clad in FeCl3 or similar. Remove the toner mask and voilá, your done. basically very similar to aluminium enclosure etching. just uses slightly different chemicals and the toner transfer is easier.
you can hit up Haberdasher, he does pcb etching on demand and can surely also etch you a faceplate.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

zgrav

thanks for the reply.  I etched my own PCB boards for years but never had results that were anywhere close to that clean.

chris weaver

any idea on when /if there will be more headtrip avail?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

somnif

Question re:Pepper Spray, does the circuit prefer any particular gain buckets for the transistors? I'm finding a remarkable amount of conflicting info out on the interwebs about this wee beastie.

madbean

Quote from: chris weaver on October 26, 2018, 04:44:24 AM
any idea on when /if there will be more headtrip avail?

I will be placing an order on Monday for some re-stocks so I should have them within a couple of weeks.

madbean

Quote from: somnif on October 26, 2018, 11:31:53 PM
Question re:Pepper Spray, does the circuit prefer any particular gain buckets for the transistors? I'm finding a remarkable amount of conflicting info out on the interwebs about this wee beastie.

According to smallbear, their 404a devices are between 55-220Hfe and under 300 for leakage. I've only used 404a from them and had fine results with each although I have not tested mine individually (I actually seemed to have misplaced all but one transistor at the moment). AFAIK, there is not enough info out there on production HP units to establish whether or not the 404a were gain-selected and frankly we'll probably never know. I'd say anything in the low mid to high range from Hfe above is going to get good results. I don't want to guess specific number ranges because they'd be...well, a guess.

alanp

Quote from: madbean on October 19, 2018, 07:56:10 PM
And, the Pepper Spray ships free with all order until I run out. I got more (75) than the Donut so hopefully they will last a few days.

I feel like a total wally. I got one of these with my Dreamtime PCB, and was wondering if Brian included another board by accident!

Well, looks like it's going to be fuzz-delay-reverb, now, not delay-reverb :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

Quote from: alanp on November 03, 2018, 09:06:21 PM
Quote from: madbean on October 19, 2018, 07:56:10 PM
And, the Pepper Spray ships free with all order until I run out. I got more (75) than the Donut so hopefully they will last a few days.

I feel like a total wally. I got one of these with my Dreamtime PCB, and was wondering if Brian included another board by accident!

Well, looks like it's going to be fuzz-delay-reverb, now, not delay-reverb :)

Everyone got one free except you. Yours was an accident. Totally. You have to send it back.

;D

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?