News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I think I have a problem. A good one.

Started by Ekimneets, October 20, 2018, 08:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

So, I'll be moving soon and am in the process of consolidating and packing.

Well I brought all my boards together and on a whim I counted them.

There are 76 builds in the queue.

Oops! Can someone say overkill.

Like I said a good problem, but no wonder I don't have any cash left to buy enclosures and parts!

-Mike
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

bcalla

I'm afraid to count my backlog.  And I haven't finished a build in months.

Willybomb

I haven't counted either.  There's a stack of pcbs I've gotten from around the traps, and even more veros that need pots attached and testing..

madbean

Damn, that's even more than me! Impressive and daunting.

Yahoo67

Ekimneets

I'm headed out of town again, but when I get back I think I'll post a vote on what to build next.

I need to get out of my comfort zone. So, either a beast build, more complex 1590A (somehow, I've avoided this) or something completely different.

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

jjjimi84

I feel your pain, I keep a spread sheet of where i am at with various builds. Does it have all of the parts, built, painted, demo, posted, just to keep track of everything. Last count was 60-ish, there is no end in sight.

Ekimneets

Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 20, 2018, 05:14:34 PM
I feel your pain, I keep a spread sheet of where i am at with various builds. Does it have all of the parts, built, painted, demo, posted, just to keep track of everything. Last count was 60-ish, there is no end in sight.
You're a better man than I am. I'm lucky to corral my stuff into the same room. Much less make a spreadsheet!

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

jjjimi84

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 20, 2018, 09:30:25 PM
You're a better man than I am. I'm lucky to corral my stuff into the same room. Much less make a spreadsheet!

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

I keep everything in my studio that way my wife never knows whats new or old, just that there is a disaster of a room with a bunch of stuff in it.

The spreadsheet idea came into play one long night at work with nothing to do.

Funny enough I was going to do the same thing, post the spreadsheet and ask members what to build next and suggestions for artwork. As of now my five year old chooses quite a bit and i now have two vfe builds with angry birds on them.

But I also have one dung beetle with Barney from the simpsons. True fact no one has ever typed that sentence before.

Ekimneets

Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 20, 2018, 10:01:08 PM
Quote from: Ekimneets on October 20, 2018, 09:30:25 PM

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

I keep everything in my studio that way my wife never knows whats new or old, just that there is a disaster of a room with a bunch of stuff in it.

The spreadsheet idea came into play one long night at work with nothing to do.

Funny enough I was going to do the same thing, post the spreadsheet and ask members what to build next and suggestions for artwork. As of now my five year old chooses quite a bit and i now have two vfe builds with angry birds on them.

But I also have one dung beetle with Barney from the simpsons. True fact no one has ever typed that sentence before.
Inconceivable

Typo'd from my iphone

thesmokingman

I've started a second binder, on the other hand pif-mas is coming so I can offload a few I know I'm not going to build
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Ekimneets

I on the other hand need all the experience I can get.

I have a bad habit of pushing things. I'm deliberately going to try and let this progression happen organically and enjoy it.

-M

Typo'd from my iphone

jimilee

I start around 3 builds at a time usually. I build til I come to a stand still, then if I still feel like building, I start another and even a third. I can only sit for about an hour at a time, so it lasts weeks. I have completed so many in the last 6 months, but I haven't done anything to the boxes to speak of like I used to. That process takes too long now. I have to divide my type between building, playing and working on school work. College is a bitch after graduating high school 30 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ekimneets

I'm sure I have at least ten builds in progress. Some are just in planning/gathering materials, but most are waiting on graphics. I've got to get that sorted soon. Right now it's my rate-limiting step.

-M