News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger 1 don’t like the daisy chain

Started by HamSandwich, October 20, 2018, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSandwich

Odd Harbinger 1 behavior. I'm using the Dunlop 18V adapter for it. When I power the pedal directly from the adapter, it works fine. I have a Aion colorsound powerboost that I plug into the 18V adapter as well, which works ok. So I got a daisy chain and plugged them both in. Boost works fine. Harbinger 1, all the lights light up, LFO is going, sound is passing, but there is no vibe, just clean signal. I thought maybe it's drawing too much power with both pedals, even though everything seems functional. But the harbinger 1 still doesn't work when the boost is disconnected. When it's just adapter into the daisy chain into the pedal, I still get the same symptoms; LEDs are on, LFO is going, only clean signal when pedal is engaged, but no vibe/movement. Vibe comes back when daisy chain is removed from equation, even though the daisy chain is essentially acting as an extension cable for the adapter. Thoughts? Thanks!

HamSandwich

Yikes, sorry for the brick of text above. Wrote that out of my mind haha!

To sum up the problem: when I have the harbinger 1 plugged into an 18V Dunlop adaptor, it works perfect. When I plug it into a daisy chain attached the adaptor with no other pedals attached, I still get sound to pass, led lights up, LFO led flicks, but there's no 'vibe' sound. How could the extra daisy chain wire possibly be doing this?

Not like it doesn't have enough power since there's no other pedal plugged in with it. If it was drawing too much current I'd expect the LED/LFO to suffer and it not to pass sound.

I thought the unused plugs might be shorting on something, but then again the LFO working and LEDs and passing sound wouldn't indicate that.

When I replace the vibe with a colorsound powerboost in the equitation, the boost works fine.

My mind is blown.

gordo

That's a weird one. Voltages at all daisy chain plugs looks normal?  I can't imagine any sort of ground loop.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

HamSandwich

Just checked, good idea!

18.06V from adapter.
18.06V on all plugs on the chain.
18.05V when the vibe is plugged in on all plugs in on the chain.
18.05V when both vibe and boost are plugged in on all plugs.

Does the 0.01V drop indicate anything? Seems like it's just a drop under the load. One thing I thought of would be to check the actual lamp, as the there was just another thread here that had the LED blinking but the lamp not moving. Will check this evening!