News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Question about vero build

Started by Ekimneets, October 27, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

Just trying to get my feet wet with tag board and Vero. I'm stumped, I've looked around and I'm probably just missing it could someone enlighten me please what the significance of the box is outlined in red with the white and red centers are?

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

flanagan0718

Hey Mike,
That's a trace cut. You need to drill or cut the trace so the signal stops there. I usually use a drill bit and hand twist it until all traces of copper are gone. Then test with my multi meters after to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ekimneets

Sweet, thank you so much. I knew it wasn't there by accident.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

somnif

Yep, they will end up looking like this:

I recommend using a DMM on continuity setting just to make 100% sure you've cut all the copper, and there is no connection left (I've had that kick my ass in trouble shooting before)

Ekimneets

Somnif,

I have gone off the deep end.

I thought I had some Vero or Strip board around here but I can't seem to find it with the move.

So, I am hand wiring my own circuit board or grid. Whatever you call this thing that I'm doing.

If I can just take what's in my minds eye And translate it into something physical it's gonna be pretty cool.

I'm taking pictures I go to document build.

We'll see what shakes out a couple days.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

somnif

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 27, 2018, 09:21:05 PM
Somnif,

I have gone off the deep end.

I thought I had some Vero or Strip board around here but I can't seem to find it with the move.

So, I am hand wiring my own circuit board or grid. Whatever you call this thing that I'm doing.

If I can just take what's in my minds eye And translate it into something physical it's gonna be pretty cool.

I'm taking pictures I go to document build.

We'll see what shakes out a couple days.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

Could always go full-on insane and wire up the circuit point-to-point!

(props to EBK for this beauty)

Ekimneets

That is definitely the coolest thing I have seen in at least a year. OK so Mine is not going to be that cool, but  for a first effort I think it's gonna be pretty bad ass.

We will know pretty soon whether or not I'm able to pull this off. Once again, I can't thank you guys enough for your help. I'm glad that I'm finally slowing down and trying to build my knowledge base, because that is what I really lack.

Doing stuff like this and going off on a tangent I find that I always learn a great deal.

-Mike