VFE Sale coming Thursday Nov 1st - for a good cause

Started by madbean, October 31, 2018, 05:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: cooder on November 03, 2018, 05:55:26 PM
Quote from: madbean on November 03, 2018, 08:35:19 AM
Closing in on $750!
Would be great to crack a grand...
Good on ya for getting this going, Brian!

It's slowed considerably today. Which is totally fine: we did a lot more than I expected and even hoped for! I'll let it go until tomorrow to see if we pick up anything more. If I can, I'll top it off to 1k but I may not have enough in my PP to do quite that much. Anyway, I'll post the final take tomorrow night. You guys just crushed the shit out of this. Thank you.

reddesert

I ordered several - having procrastinated on VFE projects, there were several I was interested in. But I procrastinated too long and the Mobius Strip sold out! No matter, I have way more than enough to keep busy. Thanks Brian for doing this.

gordo

The current total on the GFM site is over $6500 so not too shabby.

I have a sister-in-law I love dearly that has stage4 lung cancer and is caught in the middle of making too much money for medicaid/care but not being able to work and makes too little to live on and pay for insurance.  So medical expenses is a cause quite close to me.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Okey doke. We did $830 from the sales. I topped it up to $940 which brings the GFM to an even $7500 as of now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys did awesome! Cheers to all of you!

cooder

Excellent! Glad to be a little part of shipping in.
All the best to Peter and his family!!!
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

PS The donation was made under my name since I already have a GFM account, but I wrote in the message to him that is was from the entire mbp community. Next time I talk to him, I'll let him know just how many people participated (update: all this from 38 people!)

HamSandwich

Oh no! Sad to hear this, but great to see the outpouring of generosity!

Quote from: madbean on October 31, 2018, 05:51:16 PM
Starting tomorrow and going through at least Monday (possibly longer) afternoon - All VFE projects will be on sale.

What happened to going through at least Monday afternoon?

zgrav

Thanks Brian -- that was really great to see and Peter will know that folks are happy to give something back to him for all he has done for us.  I also made a contribution to Peter's gofundme.