News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fallout 76

Started by peAk, November 01, 2018, 04:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Any of you going to play?

I am not an online playing type of guy but I do love me some Fallout.

Can't decide if I will buy it or not. Thought I would see what you guys thought.

madbean

I'm a huge Fallout fan. 100's of hours between FO3, NV and FO4. I don't think I'll get 76. The multiplayer aspect doesn't appeal to me at all. But, that's cool on them for trying something new. I'll just wait another 3-4 years for the next Elder Scrolls in which case I'll probably have to shutter mbp for a month.

m-Kresol

I never liked Fallout to be honest. A friend of mine is in multimedia sales, so he got me FO3. Started to play, went to the first town. There it auto-saved while in a gunfight and everytime I respawned, I died immediately. I didn't enjoy the game up to this point so I just stopped and never picked it up again
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

peAk

Quote from: madbean on November 01, 2018, 04:59:38 AM
I'm a huge Fallout fan. 100's of hours between FO3, NV and FO4. I don't think I'll get 76. The multiplayer aspect doesn't appeal to me at all. But, that's cool on them for trying something new. I'll just wait another 3-4 years for the next Elder Scrolls in which case I'll probably have to shutter mbp for a month.

This is about exactly how I feel.

I was was just curious if any of you guys could change my mind though.

Part of me is hoping it bombs so that they keep focusing on what they are good at. I am afraid if it does really well they may not go back to doing single player. I know they said they will but still...

somnif

I've been following some beta players on youtube, and so far there is virtually nothing of interest to me in the game.

I enjoyed FO3 and FONV. Fallout 4 was fine though I never got around to finishing it. 76 Just doesn't look like something that will interest me. Too many random people hopping around breaking the immersion, random PVP that I loathe, a fairly ugly UI, an odd random world quest set up that looks janky as hell, and a focus on base building that I never really liked in FO4 has come back once again.

The story looks fine, though the one-sidedness of it is a bit "meh" to me. I may pick it up 6+ months after release when it hits a sale, but I doubt I'll bother much beyond that.

Invertiguy

I'll probably pass on it, at least until it eventually goes on sale. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, with NV easily being my favorite (I have somewhere north of 2000 hours in that game alone and around half that in 3 and 4), but MMORPGs have never really appealed to me and the fact that you can't set up a private server and mod it kind of rubs me the wrong way, considering that the extensive modding community has always been one of my favorite aspects of the franchise and Bethesda games in general.
Doomsday Devices

stringsthings

I like the Fallout series.   Haven't heard much of '76.
I've got several games that I've barely scratched the surface of.   
All You Need Is Love

EBRAddict

I've played all of them since FO3 but I have no interest in this one. It seems like a lame attempt to cash in on a in-game microtransactions revenue stream.

Willybomb

I've finished everything from F1.  F76, I dunno.  The base building was probably the least enjoyable thing about F4.

One of my favorite moments, that I never recreated again, was a single headshot Deathclaw kill with the dartgun in NV.  Dude jumped out, I ran backwards, fired once in a panic and he fell down...