News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple of VFE Angry Birds

Started by jjjimi84, November 01, 2018, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

For the first time ever I had painted enclosures and then seal coated them before starting the builds. It has been a crazy busy week and a half but I have finished all I can. I accidentally bought the wrong switches for the tractor beam and with what I bought from the last run of VFEs and the sale today I still have quite a bit of work ahead. Hopefully everyone knows about what is happening with the VFE family and can take a few minutes to donate and throw in some prayers for them.

Here is the most recent builds, all Angry Birds because this is now my son, Dean, favorite game.

Here is the Alpha Dog (Red), a great take on the Rat pedal.

Here is the Triplet (Chuck), this one is kinda hard to dial in but there is some cool tones in here.

Here is the Blueprint (Stella), a very cool delay. I love that you can dial it in either dark or bright and the modulations is super nice.

Here is the White Horse (Hal), my favorite VFE build so far. It took me about a half hour to really dial it in but once I did I did not stop playing for a while. Still am playing between posts.

The Tractor Beam (the Blues), I ordered solder lug switches and need pcb mount switches so it sets half built.

Lastly just for good measure is the MBP Hipster (Bubbles), still picking transistors for it but having a super fun time with the auditions.

I still have four more to build but I think I am missing a few parts for each of them. I am going to post one a day on my instagram to hopefully draw more people over to the gofundme.

Hope you all enjoy.

Dan

gordo

That's an entirely new level of awesome.  Crazy really.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Excellent!
And yes, thoughts and prayers for Peter and his family...!
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

I seriously want to try one of these builds, but they look a bit complex to me... great job.

m-Kresol

great stuff all around.  you're on a building frenzy these days.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Ekimneets

Wow, great stuff. Made me smile.

-M
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Willybomb on November 02, 2018, 09:08:45 AM
I seriously want to try one of these builds, but they look a bit complex to me... great job.

I was timid to start them, they are complex. Making sure you have the right parts is key but the usual practices apply, takeyour time double check everything and you will be fine.

That being said for the patreon bundle i went to 125b enclosures, working with tiny enclosures is not my cup of tea.

Boba7

Wow those are amazing! Love them all!

Really cool to see your post now, I'm planning my two next builds, my first two VFE buids, a Merman and a White horse. The White horse looks really promising, I plan on using it with my acoustic rig.

Great work!

ahiddentableau

Great work on those enclosures as always, jimi.