News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eoo3: Programmable Looper/Switcher/Midi Controller

Started by Marshall Arts, November 01, 2018, 01:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Very clever stuff there... I might be interested in an updated version as well if you get around to it.
No rush I've got a pile of projects and notn enough time in the day as well...  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

Aristatertotle

I actually was just planning out what all I'm going to do for mine earlier this week. Finally getting around to tackling this after delaying it for so long.

If I wanted to do a stereo loop, I had the idea of cutting a couple of traces on the relay board and then using one switch heading to two loops connections so they both get controlled with one switch. Do you see any reason why that wouldn't work?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Aristatertotle on November 02, 2018, 06:57:36 PM
I actually was just planning out what all I'm going to do for mine earlier this week. Finally getting around to tackling this after delaying it for so long.

If I wanted to do a stereo loop, I had the idea of cutting a couple of traces on the relay board and then using one switch heading to two loops connections so they both get controlled with one switch. Do you see any reason why that wouldn't work?
No need to cut traces for that. Just connect the switch to both wires going to the control board.

Marshall Arts

As I think about it, it might be cool to add midi to the switcher. Added it to my list a few posts above for future reference ;-)

gordo

Getting the enclosure material here in the states is a nightmare. Very cool stuff though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

So....can a brother build this thing? Or is this an exclusive club  ;D

artstomp

..got the same board from a trade 3 years ago from you...haven't finished it yet...but the only things i'm missing are the relays and power supply...
..if i may suggest considering you are planning to reprogam it...is it possible to incorporate the WRITE sw with the BANK sw?...holding the BANK sw for 3 seconds or so...to function as a WRITE sw...the reason for this is just to have 8 foot switches instead of 9 (on the first row) thus the 2 rows (presets and loops) are alligned vertically...
tnx

Marshall Arts

Quote from: artstomp on November 03, 2018, 08:24:20 PM
..got the same board from a trade 3 years ago from you...haven't finished it yet...but the only things i'm missing are the relays and power supply...
..if i may suggest considering you are planning to reprogam it...is it possible to incorporate the WRITE sw with the BANK sw?...holding the BANK sw for 3 seconds or so...to function as a WRITE sw...the reason for this is just to have 8 foot switches instead of 9 (on the first row) thus the 2 rows (presets and loops) are alligned vertically...
tnx
I would incorporate the write in each program button. Hold a program button down and the preset is stored on that button in the current bank.

The buttons are not aligned intentionally. I find the back row easier to access that way...

Brother bean... It's not an exclusive club and Christmas season is coming :-)

For the enclosure: There must be comparable cable channels available in the US. If somebody searches available options, I could design the boards for that enclosure.

artstomp

Quote from: Marshall Arts on November 03, 2018, 10:53:33 PM
I would incorporate the write in each program button. Hold a program button down and the preset is stored on that button in the current bank.

The buttons are not aligned intentionally. I find the back row easier to access that way...

...yes..having the WRITE on each program buttons is way cooler and appropriate...
..i just wish you find plenty of time for the doing the upgraded version...
tnx

Marshall Arts

...so, you guys got me thinking, and now I come up with even more ideas:

- Add a solid-state-relay based mute function (mute the output for 10 ms while switching)
- Add a third bank and a tri-color-LED for a total of 21 presets
- Skip the "Write" button.
- Add an input buffer

All of that added to the feature request list on page one of this thread. Any more suggestions?

gordo

I like the mute feature.  I think the buffer might be on the user but honestly can never hurt.  I'm not crazy about having to use the stereo breakout cables but I bought all the cable and connectors so it can't be too bad :-)  And it saves real estate.

I don't think I'd need more presets but that's just me.  I would like to be able to change the order of the effects and a scribble strip display to record a name but I think we're getting into exotic commercial territory with this one.  One of the things that appealed to me about this project is the relative lack of complexity and the ability to roll back to "panic" mode where each effect is individually controllable.
Gordy Power

gordo

Wait, I've got one...the ability to turn tails on and off on at least one output.  Would typically be a delay or reverb.
Gordy Power

Marshall Arts

Quote from: gordo on November 04, 2018, 02:10:29 PM
Wait, I've got one...the ability to turn tails on and off on at least one output.  Would typically be a delay or reverb.
Great one, thanks! Will look into that one.

Marshall Arts

Further features added:

- Add a Tuner out/Mute button
- Bypassable, galvanic separation of Loop 7 or 8 for use with two amps

Marshall Arts

<moved a question about buffered bypass to a more general thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28875.0