News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eoo3: Programmable Looper/Switcher/Midi Controller

Started by Marshall Arts, November 01, 2018, 01:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

How nice is this? They even send a picture before they ship stuff ;-)

Marshall Arts

Minor issues: Holes are to large for screws - no big deal. Unfortunately the legs from the Neutrik Jacks are too big for the holes on the respective PCBs. Bummer, I took the component from the madbean library and modified it for TRS-use, but I did not check the pad diameter. The jacks will go ON the PCB rather than THROUGH the PCB...

If anybody is looking for the correct footprint for the Neutrik NRJ6HF, I found it here: https://www.elektronikpage.net/eagle-bibliotheken/

brejna

When can we expect final build? :) Btw. I noticed that orientation is backwords, input and all.. Probably you like to use wah on the left side..

Marshall Arts

Quote from: brejna on February 28, 2019, 11:20:26 AM
When can we expect final build? :) Btw. I noticed that orientation is backwords, input and all.. Probably you like to use wah on the left side..
Well observed... Yes... I am left footed :-) build will take some more time, maybe mid march:-)

Marshall Arts

Clipping the legs of the Neutrik jacks to make them thinner works to some degree...

Marshall Arts

Update:

I decided on a device name, "Eoo3", which stands for "Eight out of 3". Eight switching functions from three domains: Pedal looping, Amp Switching, Midi Control. For digits, so it's easy to display on the display on startup  :)

The control board (responsible for Midi in, Midi out, Storage access, button and LED control, power supply) works. My major concern was, that the cable tree would become too fat on the right side, but it fits with no problems:

Cable tree under the lid:

Side view - tight, but I will print small PCB holders to keep the PCB away from the enclosure. Easy to access USB port for software updates/Midi programs:

Two short videos showing Midi functions:

Midi Out: Preset Changes modify Loops/Blocks/Snapshots/Presets on a Line6 HX

Midi In: Midi changes sent from a keyboard activate presets/banks on the Eoo3 which again modify Loops/Blocks/Snapshots/Presets on a Line6 HX:

brejna

Oh man, that are great news! When can we get pcbs?

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 6 Pro koristeći Tapatalk

Marshall Arts

I still have to do the relay boards (responsible for loop switching, tuner out, switch mute, spillover, send/return, amp switching). I am confident, that these will work, as these are less complex. Still, I want to

- complete my build,
- test and hear that thing (hopefully no noise issues) and
- do the documentation and
- some video demos,

so people know what to expect before they dive into this really complex, time consuming and - given the amount of switches, relays and the enclosure - not cheap build.

So, sorry to say this will take some more weeks (being a weekend builder...)

nzCdog

Timko

This looks amazing MA.  It will definitely be on my list of things to build in 2019!

madbean

p_wats

Woah. This looks amazing.

I built one of the infamous "effectblade" loopers a few years ago and it works, but I'm still very tempted by this.

Marshall Arts

Finalized my build so far. Having some issues with the relay board, i. e. the send / return. Probably will order new boards with a fixed send/return between loop 4 and 5. Too bad...

But: Here is a demo without loop 4/5 in the audio path (activate subtitles for explanation) :

cooder

Absolutely brilliant work, Matthias! Super cool in every way! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?